So did last night prove ....

Guest wayne the owl

See this is what I find utterly unbelievable,people are talking like it was the last match of the season and we've finished mid table,we haven't. There a good few games to go yet and much much harder than yesterday.Whilst I accept were pretty much safe now we still have the potential to finish well down the league.Our recent poor form has seen teams in the top 6 pull away from us and teams below us catch up ie Weeds.

Last night we played a struggling team who we ought to beat.

And guess what - we did indeed beat them.

To me, that's a positive thing. Far too often in recent years we've slipped up in those sort of games.

I wonder how many of our fans, if they’d been offered mid table comfort before the season started, would have turned it down?

Exactly my point Roy. Your post wasn't there when I started typing.

Last night proved we can beat a team that hasn't won at home since October and that there are teams worse than us.

Whilst I'm thrilled we won and it's a massive step towards the magic 50 point mark there are much harder games to come.

One win against a poor team hasn't made me change my opinion hat Gray is the man to take us forward.

This^^^^

See this is what I find utterly unbelievable,people are talking like it was the last match of the season and we've finished mid table,we haven't. There a good few games to go yet and much much harder than yesterday.Whilst I accept were pretty much safe now we still have the potential to finish well down the league.Our recent poor form has seen teams in the top 6 pull away from us and teams below us catch up ie Weeds.

You could well be right mate. I think the spot lights are still pointed fair and square at Stu's performance. The picture should become clearer over the next few weeks. Try not to worry too much. Are you doing another charity drive later this year? You should conserve your strength.

One game doesn't change it. Beating a poor Millwall side who haven't won at home in months won't change my opinion on Gray. I still feel if we want to get towards the premier league we will need a change in management.

The home form hasn't or won't change.

we won and are all happy about it but one win is not enough at this stage, saying that though if it can be kept going or thereabout's fair enough  all who played did well last night  but the trick is to carry it on ,for the first time in ages everything worked even the subs he made so credit for that but there are 14 games or so  to try and win yet ,

I think it's because we mainly tend to win away from home recently and there's only 1001 fans who saw the match. The rest of us are over the moon with a win but can't really comment on individual performances etc because we didn't see them? I recon if we win at home on Saturday there'll be a lot more on here. 

You could well be right mate. I think the spot lights are still pointed fair and square at Stu's performance. The picture should become clearer over the next few weeks. Try not to worry too much. Are you doing another charity drive later this year? You should conserve your strength.

I am indeed fella,it's looking like the 3 peaks again for the National Autistic Society ,must be mad it nearly killed me last time but it's all for a good cause.

This would have settled with mid-table although correct before day 1 of the season is nonsense when we were so close around xmas time to a play-off spot.

and in English...

...would have settled with mid-table before the season started, but it is nonsense to accept it when at Xmas we were so close to a play-off spot.

Past 2 games he's gone with a attacking formation just like at the beginning of the season its give us 3 points and 5 goals.

Some say unlucky at Derby some say got what we deserved, last night not a good first half but second half we stepped up against a very poor Millwall.

Didn't go last night but heard in 2nd half Maghoma was more central? If that's the case then good as he says that's his best position and I tend to agree.

The real test is Saturday, does Gray go for it again and attack Boro or does he worry about them change the formation and go defensive.

Do I think Gray can take us forward? No, but he came in with a remit and delivered. Hope he proves me wrong and takes us up as champions next year! If we bring a new man in I hope there is room for Gray too as he is a top coach.

I won't shout Gray out or change the manager etc... He will get my full support until the hierarchy tell us otherwise. Then we thank him and move on.

The biggest relief to me is that for once we changed our rules about helping a team that was previously in a bad run to change their fortunes.

It was a good professional performance against a poor team with a crackpot manager, which was very satisfying if you put the memories of the first half to the back of your mind, when if anything we could have been 2 goals behind.

My only concern is that we have a good half and a bad half so often, when are we going to start putting 2 good halves together in one match?