Leon Best

Did he score as many as that?

I'd rather see Afobe come back than Best. Or Madine or Lavery given a run.

There must be someone,somewhere we can pick up better than Best

Afobe/Madine - League one at this point in time, Laverys been out injured and has yet to find his feet, I'd love to see a strong brute like Best or someone similar, Wickham would be Ideal but we can dream. 

I would have best back . Like how people are now saying afobe is great after serious slating of him last season from a large chunk of the owls talk no it alls. Said last year we should retain him was obviously a decent player if not a bit raw. We stuck with old favourite Niuhu though . Excellent decision that was !

Guest wilyfox

Yes, Leon Best would have been very handy this season - but we probably couldn't afford him. Derby effectively bought a year of his meaty Blackburn contract.

Our loan striker recruitment last window was a total clusterfuck. When you don't get the Fryatts and Wickhams, you must go for the Litas and Bests. We didn't do that until 11th hour bids for Maynard and Mackail-Smith. We spent too long holding out for the Woods and Vaz Tes in Sept/Oct.

Guest Sheff Owl

Tell you what i was against Best coming back but i'll certainly admit i would have him back now, infact i would probably would even have taken Lita.

It's an utter shambles the way we are in the striking department, every summer we have known we have needed a striker and still haven't really sorted it out.

If money is that tight it's nonsense to keep Westwood and Kirkland on the books, i would rather have had Westwood and try to sign someone like Martinez back on loan (if he was willing) or there is Dawson, Wildsmith to fill the bench.

Then use some funds to bring in a striker, we wasted money on GTF.