Leon Best

Season long loan for us would have been a great deal. We couldn't compete with Derby though,

it was never going to work out for him at Derby though, way too many striking options ahead of him. Would certainly take him back just for the way he had a habit of scoring goals out od the blue, even when he does nothing all game. He isn't afraid to shoot like Maynor bad at it like Nuhiu.

it was never going to work out for him at Derby though, way too many striking options ahead of him. Would certainly take him back just for the way he had a habit of scoring goals out od the blue, even when he does nothing all game. He isn't afraid to shoot like Maynor bad at it like Nuhiu.

You are right, it wasn't going to work with the options Derby have upfront.  

I just think money was the overriding factor in the loan deal as opposed to playing regular first team football.

I like Nuhiu, there are aspects to his game which are effective and he can be an handful for opposition defences. One example was the Wigan game where he made an off the ball run drawing two defenders out of position allowing May to run through on goal.

However, he was poor yesterday and when he has an off game there isn't anyone on the bench who can offer more or change a game. I feel someone like Best would add another option. He has pace and experience, you'd like to think that he'd be there if we out the ball in the right place.

Nuhiu and May both have potential. They work hard, frustrate defenders are capable of scoring goals, but they're just not instinctive enough. Hopefully with May this will come as he's only 21 but Nuhiu is just a nuisance striker and that's it.

They don't work together. We need a Lita or Best who may not offer the same workrate but they know where the fvvcking net is.

Yep.

A striker who will pop up with a goal, only needs half a chance. Dare I say it a bit like Leon Clarke.

Stevie May works hard but he's not a natural finisher, he missed way too many chances today. He's not instinctive enough. Same for Nuhiu.

Stevie may's game is built on being instinctive, i.e trying to catch the keeper out with quick efforts, making runs etc. Not sure how you can say that

Clinical enough then. Missed four good chances yesterday that a player like Best would be tucking away every week.

Should have buried at least one, but it happens sometimes - players have off days. He's a very good striker and the best we've got, yesterday doesn't lessen that

Should have buried at least one, but it happens sometimes - players have off days. He's a very good striker and the best we've got, yesterday doesn't lessen that

He's got potential to be very good. He's been alright this season, flashes of quality and superb workrate but nothing to suggest to me he's going to be banging them in left, right and centre for years to come.

Needs a goal scorer next to him. Not Nuhiu ffs.

You are right, it wasn't going to work with the options Derby have upfront.  

I just think money was the overriding factor in the loan deal as opposed to playing regular first team football.

I expect so, they'll obviously be in a position to offer more than us and Best strikes me as the sort of guy to be heavily influenced by that. It really naffed me off when I saw that he'd signed for them because it was perfectly clear that a) he'd be locked up all year making occasional appearances from the benches while other teams like us are badly in need of him, and b) he'd clearly gone for the money over anything else.

Best is more mobile than Nuhiu, which would suit May because his runs would create more space. If May is going to be a success in this league, he needs to find space in the box. Best is good at making the sort of runs that pulls the defenders away.