They want Madine on a permanent deal.

£5000 x 26 = £130,000 That's what we save in 6 months if he leaves. It's not to be sneezed at.

If we can get more, that's great, but I'd rather put that money towards the wages of someone who Gray is likely to want in the team, than have Madine warming the bench and throwing a strop each week when he doesn't get a game.

We either get rid now and save some cash or let him go for nowt at the end of the season. The only alternative is giving him a new contract and he's done roger all to merit one of those. It's not the clubs fault he got banged up. As said, use the cash on Mcgugan.

He came out of prison bigger,stronger,fitter and raring to go.

He went to the bench instead of playing.

no he didnt he went to carlisle and did feck all there ........you cant possibly think that club stuck with him and pay 5 grand a week just so they can pee him off .

Letting him go to Coventry for nowt would just about sum up our misguided transfer policy. Penny pinch to the extent of jeopardising our championship future, but continue to undersell our younger players. His age, and the fact that he got 20 goals in his last full season means he really should be worth a bob or two. Why bother keeping him on when he was incarcerated if we were just going to let him run down his contract.

Exactly. Whatever people think of him for me he has the possibility to be an assett! His last full season he was scoring, he was treated unfairly in our first year in the Championship as DJ kept signing loan striker after loan striker instead of sticking with him.

All we've ever done since getting back in the Championship we've lived off loan strikers. Some have worked temporarily and many have not. The fact is we've never backed our own player who was scoring for fun in L1 a go. We never gave him the same run someone as Bothroyd got. When we should have been backing a player who actually knows what it's like to score goals for this club.

Gary in my own opinion is the sort of player that needs a kick up the arse. Gray/Jones seem more the arm round the shoulder for me he needs a manager that gets him wound up and we saw the best of Madine under Megson.

May and Madine should be leading the frontline for us this season.

Exactly. Whatever people think of him for me he has the possibility to be an assett! His last full season he was scoring, he was treated unfairly in our first year in the Championship as DJ kept signing loan striker after loan striker instead of sticking with him.

All we've ever done since getting back in the Championship we've lived off loan strikers. Some have worked temporarily and many have not. The fact is we've never backed our own player who was scoring for fun in L1 a go. We never gave him the same run someone as Bothroyd got. When we should have been backing a player who actually knows what it's like to score goals for this club.

Gary in my own opinion is the sort of player that needs a kick up the arse. Gray/Jones seem more the arm round the shoulder for me he needs a manager that gets him wound up and we saw the best of Madine under Megson.

May and Madine should be leading the frontline for us this season.

Jones didn't want to play him in the Championship. Gray doesn't want to play him in the Championship.  It makes me wonder if he's Championship standard. These guys are professional football managers and see him train. Do you think they might not want to play him because he isn't good enough or are they just picking on him for some unexplained reason. If he's good enough why hasn't another team in the Championship made an offer for him. He'd be a bargain

He isn't the sort of player who needs a kick up the arse, he's is a mardy arse, petulant if he can't have his own way.

We did see the best of him under Megson. Remind me what division were we in when Megson was in charge.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Jones didn't want to play him in the Championship. Gray doesn't want to play him in the Championship. It makes me wonder if he's Championship standard. These guys are professional football managers and see him train. Do you think they might not want to play him because he isn't good enough or are they just picking on him for some unexplained reason. If he's good enough why hasn't another team in the Championship made an offer for him. He'd be a bargain

He isn't the sort of player who needs a kick up the arse, he's is a mardy arse, petulant if he can't have his own way.

We did see the best of him under Megson. Remind me what division were we in when Megson was in charge.

Wouldn't you be interested to see how good he'd be in the Championship playing alongside Ben Marshall, and with Meggo in charge?

I certainly would.

Wouldn't you be interested to see how good he'd be in the Championship playing alongside Ben Marshall, and with Meggo in charge?

I certainly would.

he would certainly have been given a chance by megson thats for sure and also for sure if he hadnt delivered he wouldnt still be here 2 and half years later . .... its what happens when you change your manager every 12-18 months  you get no continuity .

He came out of prison bigger,stronger,fitter and raring to go.

He went to the bench instead of playing.

If he hadn't been a complete flipping idiot he wouldn't have been in there in the first place.

We owe him nothing, quite the opposite infact, trouble is his attitude is just as bad as it was before he went inside.

Guest JonTheOwl66

he would certainly have been given a chance by megson thats for sure and also for sure if he hadnt delivered he wouldnt still be here 2 and half years later . .... its what happens when you change your manager every 12-18 months you get no continuity .

I do feel that the past few managerial sackings have been for the best.

But in this instance I agree. It affected his development getting shut of Megson.

makes me laugh , at one time we were all slavering over his goal tally yet admittedly through his own stupidness he didn't get the games to kick on ,that said the club backed him yet hardly played him and played crap loans in front of him , so he still couldn't prove anything, people say Dj didn't pick him for whatever reason but as supposedly DJ never attended training as was mooted on here how could he know that madine wasn't up to it , well the answer is gray must have told him then we get to gray who hardly ever plays him yet singled him out as playing well then drops him the week after ,so much for earning the shirt so to speak so where's this unlimited games to prove whether he can score or not ,out of his 10/11full games he has hit three some poster said, well if that's true it's not a bad average, but then Madine's the Devil incarnate to some and will never get a chance here so it's better he goes rather than he have a go at it to prove himself here ,

Edited by trevdi9

I certainly would.

Megson isn't in charge and Ben Marshall doesn't play for us. I'd like to see how Madine plays alongside Messi but it isn't going to happen.

We can only deal with reality and history as it occurred not "might have beens".

Guest JonTheOwl66

Megson isn't in charge and Ben Marshall doesn't play for us. I'd like to see how Madine plays alongside Messi but it isn't going to happen.

We can only deal with reality and history as it occurred not "might have beens".

OK. How can one categorically say that Madine isn't good enough for the Championship then? Out of interest.

Because you're implying that reality is factual, but this scenario is subjective.

How can one PROVE factually that Madine isn't good enough for us, and the Championship?

You can't. We're dealing in hypotheticals. Hence why I brought up Megson and Marshall.

But your point is also hypothetical. Saying Madine may or may not be good enough for the Championship? How can you prove this. He's not had a run of games similar to what May has had of what Bothroyd did so how can we judge.

Madine scored more than O'Grady in L1, in L1 O'Grady got 5 goals, but he's had the chance and proved people wrong. In the same team Madine got 20? My point is you don't know and no one else does. But until he plays regularly how we will we know? I just don't want another O'Grady where we sell off a 15 goal championship striker for nothing for the sake of a Leroy Lita and Danny Pugh on loan.

£5000 x 26 = £130,000 That's what we save in 6 months if he leaves. It's not to be sneezed at.

If we can get more, that's great, but I'd rather put that money towards the wages of someone who Gray is likely to want in the team, than have Madine warming the bench and throwing a strop each week when he doesn't get a game.

That £130K can be put to good use to pay for a better striker on loan till end of season. Good business all round to me. 

If we can get more, that's great, but I'd rather put that money towards the wages of someone who Gray is likely to want in the team, than have Madine warming the bench and throwing a strop each week when he doesn't get a game.

Thing is, we "sneeze at" it pretty often. Whether it be underselling our star winger, not taking a potentially lucrative cup runs seriously, or failing to identify what fans want to buy in the shop, we seem to get it wrong. Edited by gurujuan

OK. How can one categorically say that Madine isn't good enough for the Championship then? Out of interest.

Because you're implying that reality is factual, but this scenario is subjective.

How can one PROVE factually that Madine isn't good enough for us, and the Championship?

You can't. We're dealing in hypotheticals. Hence why I brought up Megson and Marshall.[/quote

He has had the chance in the championship and not done owt. I've not had a chance at championship yet so should I get six ir seven games to see if I'm up to it? I'm 56 and poo poo at football by the way.

Hang on, people suggesting a nominal fee.

Didnt we pay almost £1m for him? He went on to prove himself in L1. 

Yes hes been out a while but is bigger and hungrier now, look at that long range effort at the weekend.

If we basically gave him away then we would have been robbed I think.

But good luck to him and nice to see him playing football.