Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

Guest George Smith

I don't get this post!? There is nothing stopping you doing what you want in your letter. Just go and do it. Move to the bottom right of the Kop with like minded fans and get going! The fact that you currently position yourselfs right next to the band suggests an alternative ego agenda to me. Prove I am wrong, move, stop spoiling the atmosphere at the back of the kop by abusing other fans and go and do your thing! win Win!

EH !!! ?

There is something stopping us - The season ticket holders in that area and the fact that fans can't just sit where they want. As proved by us trying to exactly what you've suggested and being stopped by stewards from doing so

We position ourselves next to the band ? I sit no where near the band !!

Would never abuse any other wednesday fans

Seems like theres only one person abusing other fans and thats you. All we're trying to do is improve the atmosphere at S6

WHATS WRONG WITH THAT AND WHY WOULD YOU HAVE AN AGENDA TO STOP THAT ???

it would work that get 3 contenders  in the center circle 1 dolly bird ,some one who thinks there good but poo poo. and some one blind drunk from the crowd. belt out some football hits three lions hi ho sliver etc .YES! make it happen lol

Guest George Smith

Latest -

Looks like meeting with the club before the Brighton game. Don't know the time yet.

Without looking through the full thread can we have serious ideas re -

Where we want the section on the kop ?

What else we would like to happen?

Looks like bottom right of kop near the North stand

Ideas ?

Latest -

Looks like meeting with the club before the Brighton game. Don't know the time yet.

Ideas ?

Serious point

If you're going to try and get an atmosphere going you need to be very visible

The only place to achieve that is down the front

Owlstalk Shop

Guest George Smith

Serious point

If you're going to try and get an atmosphere going you need to be very visible

The only place to achieve that is down the front

Yeah agreed

That's why we've said the front near the North/Tangos corner

Latest -

Ideas ?

It has to be the bottom right of the Kop near the North Stand. Plenty of space on Tango's corner and railings on the Kop to hang flags/banners. No pillars blocking & completely visible.

I do think the point of the band needs to be broached. A compromise of no trumpets but keeping the drum would be something I would be on board with. 

Need to go in with the attitude that we REALLY want this singing section to happen. The club need to cooperate with us or else the atmosphere will never improve! We need concrete reasons as to why things can't happen if they say they can't accommodate things ie: the band, flags, banners etc.

I do think the point of the band needs to be broached. A compromise of no trumpets but keeping the drum would be something I would be on board with. 

I'd be really surprised if you pull that off

this but any noise made down near tangos triangle dissapears up penistone rd faster than a 53

Yeah but the idea is to get the whole kop going - at which point....

Owlstalk Shop

Guest George Smith

The club have got to get behind this

The better the atmosphere the better the results

Even Nuihu has tried to get it going

It says summat when the players are trying to get the supporters to sing

FWIW i think its great what your trying to achieve, 

dont listen to the knockers saying it wont work... i bet there was a lot of moaners on the stripey Nigels website before palace dreamed up their plastic alternative (plastic yes, but it works for them) - however we are northern folk, so a different version will be needed (thank god)

dont be too demanding on the club... get your section of kop sorted... your demands (band etc) may be met at a later date when youve proved this 'new section' is working...

regarding losing noise down penistone rd, youve got to make noise for it to be lost, so dont matter, ......

one last point, i think down in that tango corner may be a great idea because it may be close enough to the 'northstanders' to be able to get going in 'unison' rather than the current mis-timed 'echo song'

this in itself would make a HUGE difference...

but somink needs doing because nuhiu aint the only one to try get the crowd going, Maguire & a few others too!

My advice... you need everyone involved. You need to appreciate that whilst there are supporters who don't like the band there are as many fans who like the band. Either do this together or you risk alienating a large section of supporters.

Next I would address the supporters on the kop. Ask the question... do you sing? If not, why? Do people around you sing? What would make you join in etc.

Remember, some of the people on the kop appear inconvenienced when we surf the big flag.

Think carefully about where the singers are. They may be scattered about, but most are at the back. How many would seriously move to a worse view in order to sing? IMO the whole kop should be the singing section. See if you can change peoples attitudes before moving their seats. If you're going to pick out one section, why not the whole middle section? Front to back all the way up.

Encourage people to bring scarves. Hold them up during "Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday", there may also be a commercial angle for the club to sell scarves.

First there needs to be enough proof that this can work before you go expecting too much from the club or making demands