Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

Guest George Smith

Upper or lower.

It's a massive Kop. You can say upper or lower. 

Not telling  :tongue:  Sorry.

Got to disagree with this

Crowds up and down the country aren't the same

Palace sing all match even when they go behind in a match they are the only fans you can hear - Often out singing the team that are beating them 2 or 3 nil

They don't sit there and moan they get behind their team

Man Utd have a singing section at Old Trafford. They can be heard all match - It was asked for by the fans who were fed up of matches with no atmosphere

Swansea - Non stop win or lose

Leicester - NON STOP - Driven by that fat bloke with the drum

Derby - Losing to Chelsea 3-1 but still sang all match

Could give more evidence but you know what im saying

It's time we stopped moaning and thinking of reasons why we can't do something about the atmosphere and got off our backsides and pushed our club up the league with pure passion

All of those clubs are in the premier or at least havent spent as many years as us in the doldrums.

Bet derby didnt sing their hearts out the last few months.

Success and excitement on the pitch will bring the atmosphere back to what it was.

I see what you are saying and maybe we should man up and sing through the boring times but not many big clubs have had the poor times we've had.

Is there a bigger club that has been poo poo for as long as we have?

But times are changing :-)

Been to see the club today about 'THE ATMOSPHERE AT S6 and not only are the club behind this but Mr Chansiri is as well. He wants the fans to have a real match day experience at Hillsborough. They've spoken at board level about a section on the The East Bank where anyone who wants to 'Sing there hearts out for the lads' can go with like minded people and really create an atmosphere at S6. They do have to run it by the safety advisory group of course but are very hopeful it will happen and that it will be for this season. The club has promised to get back to us in 3 or 4 weeks and if/when they get the go ahead (looks a dead cert though) they will promote it to the fan base and fans can buy a ticket in that area knowing it will be full of like minded fans who 'win lose or draw ' will get behind the team for 90 mins (a real match day experience' like it used to be on the old kop with all the singers getting together in one place instead of being spread out in different parts of the kop) It would unfair for me to say exactly where it will be as there maybe season ticket holders in that area. Of course getting this set up is maybe the easy bit. The true test will be match day and will you the fans back it ?

Is there any chance at all that anyone on the Board was thinking of implementing this idea as a replacement for the abysmal 'Band' we have to suffer week in week out ?

Been thinking bout this fan zone thing,  

ive been behind the idea and i think ive stated as much in this thread, but thinking about it now im not so sure.

not meaning to be a bore George,

but once its a club venture it will have to be sanitised wont it? gone are the derogatory songs, or songs with swear words, sounds daft but look at the band once they went to official F.A with England, got slapped wrists in scotland for IRA song i seem to remember? 

point is, if a group of like minded can get things going, you can sing what you want (to a point! obv')  

but once this gets started??...mite be worth checking with club about that.

Guest George Smith

I don't understand why you can't say....

But crack on.

Well it wunt be reight to say where it is before the club first of all give the go ahead and secondly write to the season ticket holders in this block. If I said its block ZZ23 the ticket office might be inundated with fans complaining tmoz morning

Soon as it's given the okay we'll let everyone know

Guest George Smith

Is there any chance at all that anyone on the Board was thinking of implementing this idea as a replacement for the abysmal 'Band' we have to suffer week in week out ?

Dear god I hope so

Guest George Smith

ive been behind the idea and i think ive stated as much in this thread, but thinking about it now im not so sure.

but once its a club venture it will have to be sanitised wont it? gone are the derogatory songs, or songs with swear words, sounds daft but look at the band once they went to official F.A with England, got slapped wrists in scotland for IRA song i seem to remember? 

point is, if a group of like minded can get things going, you can sing what you want (to a point! obv')  

No chance

It'll be an away day atmosphere at every home game

WE'LL SING WHAT WE WANT 

WE'LL SING WHAT WE WAAAAANT

WE'RE THE SANATISED SECTION

WE'LL SING WHAT WE WANT

Its so tinpot driving down penistone rd and being able to see into the ground

I don't agree at all, always loved the sight of people on the kop as a kid walking up to games and catching a glimpse of the old South.

Must be an eye opening sight for any of the non match going public who drive or walk past the East Bank during a noisy game.

I bet there are a number of people who have been drawn to become an Owl over the years because of this tempting vision!

It's a bit like the old Lego, train and toy sets i used to buy or receive in the 80's, you can see some of what's inside through a window but can't wait to enter to see more.

Been to see the club today about 'THE ATMOSPHERE AT S6 and not only are the club behind this but Mr Chansiri is as well. He wants the fans to have a real match day experience at Hillsborough. They've spoken at board level about a section on the The East Bank where anyone who wants to 'Sing there hearts out for the lads' can go with like minded people and really create an atmosphere at S6. They do have to run it by the safety advisory group of course but are very hopeful it will happen and that it will be for this season. The club has promised to get back to us in 3 or 4 weeks and if/when they get the go ahead (looks a dead cert though) they will promote it to the fan base and fans can buy a ticket in that area knowing it will be full of like minded fans who 'win lose or draw ' will get behind the team for 90 mins (a real match day experience' like it used to be on the old kop with all the singers getting together in one place instead of being spread out in different parts of the kop) It would unfair for me to say exactly where it will be as there maybe season ticket holders in that area. Of course getting this set up is maybe the easy bit. The true test will be match day and will you the fans back it ?

let's hope they have sufficient foresight to put such an area at the back where they can stand without someone who wants to sit complaining they can't see from their seat...

Glad to hear this and looking forward to the developments and updates.

Hopefully the club will allow folk like me who want to be part of this but already have a season ticket move it, because I doubt it will be in T2!

Palace fans haven't had to curb their language or change the types of songs they sing.

Would be different maybe if the section was right next to the away end because the club wouldn't want to encourage fans goading away supporters. 

Obviously there's a limit to what you can do, but that's just the general 'don't be a tailface' rule of life.

let's hope they have sufficient foresight to put such an area at the back where they can stand without someone who wants to sit complaining they can't see from their seat...

They would need to leave rows unused if its at the front, so the folk that sit can still see over the head of the standing people. its not like the kop gets full anyway is it ?

Pointless having the singin section at the back. May aswell not bother IMO.

They would need to leave rows unused if its at the front, so the folk that sit can still see over the head of the standing people. its not like the kop gets full anyway is it ?

they won't be budgeting for leaving seats empty in the middle of the kop...

one of the troubles with this singing section is it's always wanted this, that, or the other moving...

it'll have to fit in where the club want it, or go it alone...

it appears not to have the legs to go it alone, so...

do you really see the club giving up 100 seats in centre front of the kop, with the next 100 or so vacated so those at the front can illegally stand?

I don't agree at all, always loved the sight of people on the kop as a kid walking up to games and catching a glimpse of the old South.

Must be an eye opening sight for any of the non match going public who drive or walk past the East Bank during a noisy game.

I bet there are a number of people who have been drawn to become an Owl over the years because of this tempting vision!

It's a bit like the old Lego, train and toy sets i used to buy or receive in the 80's, you can see some of what's inside through a window but can't wait to enter to see more.

Totally agree even if we redevelop the ground in to a bowl like stadium I would like the kop standing alone opposite a u shaped developed ground

Obviously im harping back but there wasn't many that could compete with the loudness and the roar from the kop in the early nineties (granted when it was standing)

Disagree historically since the kop was roofed the singing came from the back and down the centre it created a louder noise from the shape of the roof for some reason (think its to do with being a more confined space for noise to travel the further back you go) also if they ever do agree a safe standing area it will logically start at the back and work down

they won't be budgeting for leaving seats empty in the middle of the kop...

one of the troubles with this singing section is it's always wanted this, that, or the other moving...

it'll have to fit in where the club want it, or go it alone...

it appears not to have the legs to go it alone, so...

do you really see the club giving up 100 seats in centre front of the kop, with the next 100 or so vacated so those at the front can illegally stand?

Probably not! Not if enough old fogies moan about it anyway.