Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

it's not about old fogies, it's about not offending or troubling anyone, in an attempt to accommodate a new singing section...

End of the day mate it's Chansiri's club not mine or yours, he'll do what he wants and see's fit. There's nothing anyone can do if they dont like it, except not go to games.

End of the day mate it's Chansiri's club not mine or yours, he'll do what he wants and see's fit. There's nothing anyone can do if they dont like it, except not go to games.

correct...

and if his spending (playing staff) materialises and we see a significant improvement in on field play, attacking intent, and goals...

we WILL have a better atmosphere, both on the kop, and throughout the ground (though not in the west, hopefully)...

People have already been displaced from parts of the grandstand, and the front rows of the kop might well be below pitch level, so what's the problem with another 100 or so being moved?

it's not a 100 or so...

it's a 100 to allow around a 100 to replace them...

and IF that is central front, or central middle kop then a 100+ seats behind will need vacating so as to allow those behind to see...

unless of course the new singing section agrees to remain seated???

and how big are these flags going to be???

and what else will be wanted after that???

the displacements of people from the grandstand was done to financially enhance the club...

the singing section, not so, REALLY?

People have already been displaced from parts of the grandstand, and the front rows of the kop might well be below pitch level, so what's the problem with another 100 or so being moved?

do you envisage the new singing section willingly occupying front row (children's) seating?, that at this time is likely to have a more restricted view that the very restricted view such area's have traditionally offered?

can anyone hoping to become a member of the new singing section enlighten us as to whether the front (restricted view) rows are acceptable or not?

i think the club would be very interested in getting these seats taken up... :tango:

Edited by dnhc

If you wer to stand on the pitch and look at the kop....the top right hand corner wud be the obvious place to do it

anywhere at the back would do...

can't understand those who think at the front with the kiddie's are best...

the n/w guys themselves choose to be at the back, it's done for a reason, the roof channels the noise...

at the front with no roof reminds me of the dire situation with the kop without a roof...

you needed it 75%+ full to generate any noise beyond the half way line...

Guest George Smith

correct...

and if his spending (playing staff) materialises and we see a significant improvement in on field play, attacking intent, and goals...

we WILL have a better atmosphere, both on the kop, and throughout the ground (though not in the west, hopefully)...

it's not a 100 or so...

it's a 100 to allow around a 100 to replace them...

and IF that is central front, or central middle kop then a 100+ seats behind will need vacating so as to allow those behind to see...

unless of course the new singing section agrees to remain seated???

and how big are these flags going to be???

and what else will be wanted after that???

the displacements of people from the grandstand was done to financially enhance the club...

the singing section, not so, REALLY?

do you envisage the new singing section willingly occupying front row (children's) seating?, that at this time is likely to have a more restricted view that the very restricted view such area's have traditionally offered?

can anyone hoping to become a member of the new singing section enlighten us as to whether the front (restricted view) rows are acceptable or not?

i think the club would be very interested in getting these seats taken up... :tango:

anywhere at the back would do...

can't understand those who think at the front with the kiddie's are best...

the n/w guys themselves choose to be at the back, it's done for a reason, the roof channels the noise...

at the front with no roof reminds me of the dire situation with the kop without a roof...

you needed it 75%+ full to generate any noise beyond the half way line...

Are you actually a Wednesday fan ?

Cos you don't seem to have anything positive to say about fellow fans getting the atmosphere going on the kop

And TBH I've been on the kop for years and have never heard the North West section make any noise ever (Can see them bounce now and again but thats about it) Just can't hear them ! Sorry

they cant hear you either.....just sayin.

Which I think shows how desperate this club is to have all our 'vocal supporters' sat together in a place that will encourage other fans to join in.

Having two sets of vocal supporters sat in the far corner or different areas of the stadium is stupid. It's counter productive. No one is helping anyone and that's why our atmosphere is horrendous unless we're absolutely battering a team or it's a big game. For those drab games on a Tuesday night at home to Brighton we need something different. The band are NOT working. If anything the parping and drumming just highlights the fact that no one is singing.

We need a group dedicated to constantly singing & we need them all sat together. 

Which I think shows how desperate this club is to have all our 'vocal supporters' sat together in a place that will encourage other fans to join in.

Having two sets of vocal supporters sat in the far corner or different areas of the stadium is stupid. It's counter productive. No one is helping anyone and that's why our atmosphere is horrendous unless we're absolutely battering a team or it's a big game. For those drab games on a Tuesday night at home to Brighton we need something different. The band are NOT working. If anything the parping and drumming just highlights the fact that no one is singing.

We need a group dedicated to constantly singing & we need them all sat together. 

I agree. 

hopefully it will mean the North (& west) can hear the Kop next season.

Guest George Smith

they cant hear you either.....just sayin.

I know and except that fact but DNHC seems to think the North West is a hotbed of passionate supporters and The East Bank should just give up, sit down and shut up.

Strange attitude he's got

I know and except that fact but DNHC seems to think the North West is a hotbed of passionate supporters and The East Bank should just give up, sit down and shut up.

you know who he is now then? l0l

Are you actually a Wednesday fan ?

Cos you don't seem to have anything positive to say about fellow fans getting the atmosphere going on the kop

And TBH I've been on the kop for years and have never heard the North West section make any noise ever (Can see them bounce now and again but thats about it) Just can't hear them ! Sorry

i'm not going to lower myself to reply about IF i'm a wednesday fan or not...

as for you hearing us on the kop, you not needed to, the away support IS...

but they can't hear anything from the kop other than the band...

so instead of grouping all my posts together and dismissing them as being from 'a non wednesday fan', why not deal with them one at a time and dismantle them???

i'm not going to lower myself to reply about IF i'm a wednesday fan or not...

as for you hearing us on the kop, you not needed to, the away support IS...

but they can't hear anything from the kop other than the band...

so instead of grouping all my posts together and dismissing them as being from 'a non wednesday fan', why not deal with them one at a time and dismantle them???

Bullsh*t

The North barely sing. Atmosphere on the North, just like everywhere else in the ground, is terrible. The odd song might be sung at the start of the match or when a goal is scored (not very often last year).

Also it's just full of embarrassing old men trying to fit in with the youths.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

you seem to be pigeonholing me, i've never said the kop (it's a long time since it was an east bank) should remain quiet...

on the contrary i think it's a shambles what we hear from it...

the singers in the n'w didn't get there by invitation, so to attract them they must have heard something and though 'i want to be in there'...

and talking about pigeonholing didn't the club have you restrained so as not to allow you to occupy anything but your own seat during last season?

Bullsh*t

The North barely sing. Atmosphere on the North, just like everywhere else in the ground, is terrible. The odd song might be sung at the start of the match or when a goal is scored (not very often last year).

Also it's just full of embarrassing old men trying to fit in with the youths.

how old do you think george smith is? and is your ageism going to ban him from the kops new singing section once he's managed to establish it??? :tango:  lol  gary megson