Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

Guest George Smith

Can we be called 'The EBRA'?

What ever you want 

Personally I think just - The EAST BANK - Keep it simple and up to date.

but it's all about ideas

Keep em coming

Got to disagree with this 

Crowds up and down the country aren't the same

Palace sing all match even when they go behind in a match they are the only fans you can hear - Often out singing the team that are beating them 2 or 3 nil

They don't sit there and moan they get behind their team

Man Utd have a singing section at Old Trafford. They can be heard all match  - It was asked for by the fans who were fed up of matches with no atmosphere

Swansea - Non stop win or lose

Leicester - NON STOP - Driven by that fat bloke with the drum

Derby - Losing to Chelsea 3-1 but still sang all match

Could give more evidence but you know what im saying

It's time we stopped moaning and thinking of reasons why we can't do something about the atmosphere and got off our backsides and pushed our club up the league with pure passion

THey are all more or less examples of fans that expect to lose the games..We do it..Leeds did it at Hillsborough when they were 6 nowt down..every f.ooker can do that.

Palace know damn well their Premiership place is temporary..but they get lauded cos they sing through adversity.

See how loud bloody Palace/Stoke/ Derby fans would be..If they were 3-0 down in a match against a team they expected to beat..or had spent 15 years in bloody limbo by teams they didn't expect to play outside of a cup..

How loud were Derby when when Reda put that one in the other year..last minute...they all got up and f.ooked off!

THey are all more or less examples of fans that expect to lose the games..We do it..Leeds did it at Hillsborough when they were 6 nowt down..every f.ooker can do that.

Palace know damn well their Premiership place is temporary..but they get lauded cos they sing through adversity.

See how loud bloody Palace/Stoke/ Derby fans would be..If they were 3-0 down in a match against a team they expected to beat..or had spent 15 years in bloody limbo by teams they didn't expect to play outside of a cup..

How loud were Derby when when Reda put that one in the other year..last minute...they all got up and f.ooked off!

Someone's a miserable bag tonight

Theres no way that loads of people are going to up route to a different area of the ground. Most people sit where they do because they like the view. I doubt that youre going to get anyone from the back of the Kop to move to the bottom where the view is worse. The people on the North have moved for a reason, and fair play to them they try. They arent going to come back to the Kop either.

Maybe the thing to do is change the mentality of the people who sit on the kop. Make it popular to sing again. Encourage more people to join in. Make the Kop the place to be again.

Got to disagree with this 

Crowds up and down the country aren't the same

Palace sing all match even when they go behind in a match they are the only fans you can hear - Often out singing the team that are beating them 2 or 3 nil

They don't sit there and moan they get behind their team

Man Utd have a singing section at Old Trafford. They can be heard all match  - It was asked for by the fans who were fed up of matches with no atmosphere

Swansea - Non stop win or lose

Leicester - NON STOP - Driven by that fat bloke with the drum

Derby - Losing to Chelsea 3-1 but still sang all match

Could give more evidence but you know what im saying

It's time we stopped moaning and thinking of reasons why we can't do something about the atmosphere and got off our backsides and pushed our club up the league with pure passion

you're joking...3,000 of us outsang the whole ground despite us getting thrashed at the time...if you're going to use examples at least try to use some credible ones

Theres no way that loads of people are going to up route to a different area of the ground. Most people sit where they do because they like the view. I doubt that youre going to get anyone from the back of the Kop to move to the bottom where the view is worse. The people on the North have moved for a reason, and fair play to them they try. They arent going to come back to the Kop either.

Maybe the thing to do is change the mentality of the people who sit on the kop. Make it popular to sing again. Encourage more people to join in. Make the Kop the place to be again.

A lot of people on here have said they haven't sat in their allocated seat for ages. Myself included. Haven't sat in my seat since first season in L1

It's not about all teams fans don't sing when they're losing/playing poo poo...unless it's ironic singing like when we played City.

It's about when the game starts and our fans, at home, are silent.

In fact, more often than not, when we're winning our fans will pipe up for a bit then we'll fall silent again. 

Our home atmosphere is largely shocking UNLESS we've got something to play for. Whether that be survival, promotion or local pride.

That's the same whether we're losing, drawing or winning I'm afraid.

A lot of people on here have said they haven't sat in their allocated seat for ages. Myself included. Haven't sat in my seat since first season in L1

I sit in my allocated seat.

But I don't go with mates so...

Asteener - GET BEHIND THE TEAM 

Lead by example not drag us down

I do..I hardly ever Boo..If we are doin' crap..I pout...Its a sign of showin' me disaffection without actually berating the lads in the blue and white stripes!!!

I silently flounce  outta the ground when we've lost to Crewe...like a spurned lover...I just give Loovens the eyes..in a like 

"How could you"..in a sorta scarlett o hara gone wiv the wind thingy...

I do me best...

It's not about all teams fans don't sing when they're losing/playing poo poo...unless it's ironic singing like when we played City.

It's about when the game starts and our fans, at home, are silent.

In fact, more often than not, when we're winning our fans will pipe up for a bit then we'll fall silent again.

Our home atmosphere is largely shocking UNLESS we've got something to play for. Whether that be survival, promotion or local pride.

That's the same whether we're losing, drawing or winning I'm afraid.

I sit in my allocated seat.

But I don't go with mates so...

Come with us then and say goodby to your seat

Guest George Smith

It's all about the atmosphere at matches 

It's what's kept me supporting wednesday all these years (THE BIG MATCH ATMOSPHERE OF COURSE)

I don't think the club realise how important it is and how it attracts young fans to come back week after week

The reason being is that clubs are run by people who aren't fans

They don't have passion for wednesday

They run the club but don't realise why people attend

I took the drug in the 70's and to be frank it was crap - 8000 fans at home week in week out but then suddenly 24000 v Southend at home! F..K me it blew me away. The noise the atmosphere. 

Then even better Everton at home in the League cup 1978 - 32000 packed in hillsborough - Lost 3-1 but when we scored that was it  - Hooked for life

The noise blew me away

And yeah the negative posters on here will say 'Well they were big games' But it was just a few thousand singing and it can be repeated week in week out and inspire other kids like me to JOIN IN !

Come with us then and say goodby to your seat

I've sat in the same seat for 6 seasons now.

My arse print is in this seat.

My seat.

Went to the cup game at home to County this season, sat in the South 'for a chance'

Saw some muppet sat in my seat.

I felt a wave of jealousy.

Guest George Smith

you're joking...3,000 of us outsang the whole ground despite us getting thrashed at the time...if you're going to use examples at least try to use some credible ones

What year was this ?

I've sat in the same seat for 6 seasons now.

My arse print is in this seat.

My seat.

Went to the cup game at home to County this season, sat in the South 'for a chance'

Saw some muppet sat in my seat.

I felt a wave of jealousy.

I'm not that fussed about my 'own' seat as long as I'm at the match. I often move seats during the match as well when someone moves past me