Chris O'Grady

Guest Distraught!

Sorry. I never post on this section, but this is so true for every club when a player moves on.

. He may work out for us but I reckon 8 goals tops.

If he gets 8 goals in an emergency loan period (I guess until the end of December), I think you can be fekkin' chuffed with that.

lol

He was useless, in a long line of useless strikers we have had over the past few seasons.  Last decent striker we had and he was on loan was Neil Mellor, pity he had to retire.

Wickham but again he was on loan….  Madine had a purple patch, I really don't see him being a success in the Championship, love him to prove me wrong tho.

I really can't remember the last decent striker we had on our books.  

Nuihu …. well the least said the better

May…. Has done nothing to convince me that he will blossom in to a 15 plus goals a season guy.  Maybe the better service and played out of position theory, has some validity behind it.   Remains to be seen.

Lavery… Some potential, but really needs to step up.

Madine…. See above

Maguire …. Looks a poor imitation of himself after doing well last season

All in all no other Championship side would look at our strike force without laughing…. Sad state of affairs

Liked O'Grady for all his effort, desire, hard work, professionalism, and the two goals against United.

But a striker who scores 9 goals in 51 matches - the overwhelming majority in League One - isn't good enough. Even Madine scored almost 4 times as many goals in League One than O'Grady for us.

Had a great patch - by his standards - at Barnsley, getting 21 goals in 56 games. But that is the only good patch in terms of a goals return in his 11 year career. Tons of players have had purple spells, but been distinctly average over the course of their career.

Hope he continues his pre and post-Barnsley form at S2.

Liked O'Grady for all his effort, desire, hard work, professionalism, and the two goals against United.

But a striker who scores 9 goals in 51 matches - the overwhelming majority in League One - isn't good enough. Even Madine scored almost 4 times as many goals in League One than O'Grady for us.

Had a great patch - by his standards - at Barnsley, getting 21 goals in 56 games. But that is the only good patch in terms of a goals return in his 11 year career. Tons of players have had purple spells, but been distinctly average over the course of their career.

Hope he continues his pre and post-Barnsley form at S2.

Yep, and adds to their woes

I remember the dismay when we signed GTF yet some would have COG back who has scored zero goals this season and struggled to get into a poor team

lol

Surprised you haven't come out with your usual "not fit to hold GTFs jockstrap*" boring comment.