New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest wilyfox

It's easy to say that people lack patience or obsess over transfers; the same people tend not to recognise that many more realistic and attainable targets would still improve us. It doesn't always take a Barkley or Wickham to make a difference. There are names of players that people would shun regardless.

It's easy to say that people lack patience or obsess over transfers; the same people tend not to recognise that many more realistic and attainable targets would still improve us. It doesn't always take a Barkley or Wickham to make a difference. There are names of players that people would shun regardless.

Maybe they are living in a dreamworld

Guest wilyfox

Are we looking for a target man, or someone who is quick and can run in behind. Maybe even a poacher?

We have two target men, and May is our poacher - in my opinion. It's the threat in behind that we don't have. May is no slouch, but he's no pace ace either. We lost that dimension once Antonio and JJ left.

We have two target men, and May is our poacher - in my opinion. It's the threat in behind that we don't have. May is no slouch, but he's no pace ace either. We lost that dimension once Antonio and JJ left.

That would be my preference but if it was Wood we were trying to sign, isn't he similar to what we have? Not sure I would describe him as a target man and although he's more mobile than Nuhiu and Madine, he isn't particularly quick. Having said that, the timing of his runs, meant he utilises the bit of speed he has. Lessons there for May, I think, with better timing, he could be making those runs in behind

Guest wilyfox

My personal opinion...I think Wood is better in every aspect. But, either he wasn't the one - or if he was...he's still not coming. So we must move on.

I;m hoping for a midfielder who can pass..or a striker that can shoot..

I don't give a flyin' foo.k whether the striker can sit in the hole and play off the target man, or the midfielder can stay in the diamond an' play just in front of the back 4 while hummin' yankee doodle dandy, cos its all FIFA2002 crap some bugger learned on a PC.

I;m hoping for a midfielder who can pass..or a striker that can shoot..

I don't give a flyin' foo.k whether the striker can sit in the hole and play off the target man, or the midfielder can stay in the diamond an' play just in front of the back 4 while hummin' yankee doodle dandy, cos its all FIFA2002 crap some bugger learned on a PC.

time of the month mush? Edited by JOHNHARKES