New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

I don't; I think he needed to drop down and get amongst the goals - then he can climb his way back up a better player. It was necessary for him.

Maybe, and you could say the same about our existing strikers. Think Afobe had more raw potential than most of ours. Don't think he'd be the answer to our current situation though, as we need someone who's done it at this level before.

Youre chuntering on as usual, but you know nothing about what we have actually tried to do and what conversations have been held.

Perhaps we'd been promised Chris Wood and he let us down at the last minute? Perhaps we thought he was worth waiting a bit longer for as our primary target, after all we were doing ok in the league until recently.

Its clear we need another striker and we need to strengthen as soon as we can, whos to say we didnt show an interest in some of the others and they decided to move elsewhere? No one knows other than those involved.

The end result is the same though, probably the most limited strike options in the division

Really? Im not sure, Blackpool, Birmingham arent pulling up any trees with their strikers. Brentford's top scorer is Jonathan Douglas apparently.

With the exception of Becchio at Rotherham would you prefer the likes of Clarke Harris, Revell? I wouldnt. Leeds, average. There are a fair few teams with similar strikers to our own I would say and even then, looking below us, having strikers with better reputations hasnt helped Fulham or Bolton a great deal so far.

Reading between the lines, we dont have loads to spend and we cant force the issue, no one likes it but that has been the case for a long time.

We tend to have to wait a while, but on the whole the loans we have managed to bring in have usually helped us and have been worth the wait.

People keep saying we have missed  out on players but I just don't see it.

Gray wants an experienced striker, who knows the Championship.

The only ones I can think of ,who have gone to other Championship clubs on loan are Murray who went to Reading and Sagbo who went to Wolves from Hull .

Yes, either would have been a decent signing but not surprised Murray stayed down south so really you could say we have missed out on Sagbo who I do think is a decent player , but that is all. Meanwhile I think it is pretty certain we have tried hard for both Simon Cox and Chris Wood but for different reasons have not made the signings. Not our fault , either of them

Oh and Wolves and Reading still have the luxury of parachute payments so can beat us easily in any financial debate.

Guest wilyfox

Maybe, and you could say the same about our existing strikers. Think Afobe had more raw potential than most of ours. Don't think he'd be the answer to our current situation though, as we need someone who's done it at this level before.

I don't think he would be either. His stock is on the rise because he's getting exactly what he needs at MK - games and goals against lesser opposition. I'm sure Afobe will return to the championship soon enough, but his step down was a wise one.

I don't; I think he needed to drop down and get amongst the goals - then he can climb his way back up a better player. It was necessary for him.

Which is true, I agree. However once he's finished a season with 20+ goals - He goes to a team with Money (not us) haha

Guest wilyfox

People keep saying we have missed  out on players but I just don't see it.

Gray wants an experienced striker, who knows the Championship.

The only ones I can think of ,who have gone to other Championship clubs on loan are Murray who went to Reading and Sagbo who went to Wolves from Hull .

We have missed out. Cox turned us down, we missed out on one mystery striker who got injured several weeks back, and now one possibly two more this week. They are just the ones Gray has made us aware of; there may have been more, we don't know.

We have missed out. Cox turned us down, we missed out on one mystery striker who got injured several weeks back, and now one possibly two more this week. They are just the ones Gray has made us aware of; there may have been more, we don't know.

With that in mind, let us also recall how many "buyers" have been reported? and also come to nothing - how do we judge the truth in any of all this?

Is is all just constant spin in an effort to increase turnstyle numbers?

Genuinely don't see us getting a striker in from any premiership squad

Blackstock a is back from injury at forest , there in FFP trouble if today's news is owt to go by aswell

Could do a lot worse

Guest Sheff Owl
Telegraph Sport understands at least three Championship clubs are facing either embargoes or fines early next year if the rules are not revised after November's meeting.

Que the comments of "it won't be us we don;t spend owt".

well i would rather us wait for the right people than just sign SOMEONE to please people.

Guest wilyfox

We may have to turn our attention to the championship but the difficulty there is, clubs will be reluctant to subsidise a player going to a rival.

I think we should. Best did a job for us last season (and I rate Graham more highly than Best). Norwich have loaned Bassong to Watford; not just a championship rival, a promotion rival no less.

That's not really good enough though is it? We've had long enough to come to an agreement with someone, other clubs have secured players who could have done a job for us. It might be wise to see if a player is obtainable before waiting 15 games to borrow him for a month or so. I can understand Stuart not wanting to bring in anyone who is not better than what we have already, but plenty of players who meet that criteria have moved to championship clubs. We need to pull our finger out here.

What do you suggest we do?

Put a gun to their heads?

Put a gun to fans heads to make them attend?

Milan robs a bank?

Youre chuntering on as usual, but you know nothing about what we have actually tried to do and what conversations have been held.

Perhaps we'd been promised Chris Wood and he let us down at the last minute? Perhaps we thought he was worth waiting a bit longer for as our primary target, after all we were doing ok in the league until recently.

Its clear we need another striker and we need to strengthen as soon as we can, whos to say we didnt show an interest in some of the others and they decided to move elsewhere? No one knows other than those involved.

There's no place for sense like that on the Matchdat section of Owlstalk.

we don't know.

That's the most sense from anyone in this thread.

I think we should. Best did a job for us last season (and I rate Graham more highly than Best). Norwich have loaned Bassong to Watford; not just a championship rival, a promotion rival no less.

I do find it odd when people suggest showing more patience. We've had two years to sort out an experienced forward to supplement the young group we have. Let's not forget we were saying exactly the same things last year.