Anyone with tickets for City end

Guest pitch-is-shifter

Has anyone else received this email? as my tickets arrived fine this morning & man city ticket off said they have no problem with tickets I ordered. 

Has anyone else received this email? as my tickets arrived fine this morning & man city ticket off said they have no problem with tickets I ordered. 

When did you order them?? I know someone who ordered last Wednesday evening and they've had no email about canceled tickets but tickets haven't come yet.

Guest pitch-is-shifter

When did you order them?? I know someone who ordered last Wednesday evening and they've had no email about canceled tickets but tickets haven't come yet.

Ordered them on Thursday evening (I'am registered in Worcestershire could this be the difference) there is nothing coming from Man City about this either, Oh well I guess ill find out when I get to the turn style on Wednesday, 

Does anyone know if they will show the game on the big screen outside if I cant get it? Thanks

Ordered them on Thursday evening (I'am registered in Worcestershire could this be the difference) there is nothing coming from Man City about this either, Oh well I guess ill find out when I get to the turn style on Wednesday, 

Does anyone know if they will show the game on the big screen outside if I cant get it? Thanks

The Worcestershire thing should swing it for you even though this is one of hundreds of areas full of Man U fans.

Guest chapeltom

Quoted from another forum, but I have been unable to trace the source of this. It seems legitimate, as it is totally draconian!

Greater Manchester police are working in partnership with there South Yorkshire counterparts to ensure all travelling fans from Sheffield Wednesday have tickets only for there designated away supporters section of the stadium.
Any fan in possession of Manchester City home supporters tickets will be ejected from the stadium and liable for criminal prosecution. With an allocation of just over 5400 given to the championship club for the Carling cup tie local authorities fear for outbursts of crowd trouble and supporter safety with a further 2000 anticipated to be situated in home areas. Fans travelling by rail from Sheffield will be met at stations in Manchester by British Transport Police where officers will be given powers to confiscate tickets where needed.

I don't know if this will apply to the stopping trains as well, but I have a feeling it could be unenforceable!

Quoted from another forum, but I have been unable to trace the source of this. It seems legitimate, as it is totally draconian!

I don't know if this will apply to the stopping trains as well, but I have a feeling it could be unenforceable!

Just come over earlier and don't make it too obvious you're here to watch football.  I've just picked up my tickets btw. Sat in family stand, I'm not going to act like a d!ck so hopefully I'm fine.

Worst thing they could do to be honest.

We've never had a rivalry with city and vice versa, the only trouble that will occur is that of police being over the top.

Guest chapeltom

Just come over earlier and don't make it too obvious you're here to watch football.  I've just picked up my tickets btw. Sat in family stand, I'm not going to act like a d!ck so hopefully I'm fine.

Were you already on City's database at the time of the draw? I've been on it a while having been to City a couple of times and know a few City fans as well. I have absolutely no intention of causing any issues, not least now the numbers of Owls in the home ends are likely to be double figures at best now they've cancelled loads of tickets.

Were you already on City's database at the time of the draw? I've been on it a while having been to City a couple of times and know a few City fans as well. I have absolutely no intention of causing any issues, not least now the numbers of Owls in the home ends are likely to be double figures at best now they've cancelled loads of tickets.

I am on the Man City database as I've seen them a few times when I lived over here (I work in Greater Manchester still) if you want tickets I might be able to get you some, PM and I can tell you how and we could arrange something.

Guest chapeltom

I am on the Man City database as I've seen them a few times when I lived over here (I work in Greater Manchester still) if you want tickets I might be able to get you some, PM and I can tell you how and we could arrange something.

I have already have a ticket as I'm on the City database and have been a while. Just really trying to err on the side of caution! I live in the north west of Derbyshire and can use two different train stations to get there, so I might avoid the Sheffield to Manchester trains even if it means having to pay another £4 (because of Northern's new 'peak restrictions'!)

Edited by chapeltom

Man City have shut their online sales for the game off, so even if you register you cant purchase tickets for this game, only future games!

There is no pay on the gate facility at Man City, but the ticket office will be open until 8pm on the night.

Anyone going who does not have a ticket needs to get on Zoopla or similar website and start looking for addresses with matching post codes! As this is all they will ask you for on the night!