STUART GRAY

I'm a huge admirer of what Laws achieved here, not least, because he produced a Wednesday side that I enjoyed watching. Gray is doing the same with, if anything, less resources. Imagine what he might achieve if he were backed. I'm not talking about lavishing Forest style funding, just making good on his pre takeover promises would be a start. As alluded to in Yesterday's Yorkshire Post, Gray is delivering results with a playing budget significantly less than the majority of clubs in this division.

Guest Big Guns

Brilliant manager I'm glad Milan listened to my advice and gave him the job till some one better came along

He won't be sacked by Xmas and Pearson won't be taking his place

"I haven't become a bad manager overnight. I'm never fearful of my job because I'm good at what I do," Jones told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"Go get whoever you want in. Get Mourinho. He'll still be working with the same players."

He added: "You could bring someone else in but what happens if it doesn't work for them? You bring someone else in? The club has been through that enough times.

"I haven't become a bad manager overnight. I'm never fearful of my job because I'm good at what I do," Jones told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"Go get whoever you want in. Get Mourinho. He'll still be working with the same players."

He added: "You could bring someone else in but what happens if it doesn't work for them? You bring someone else in? The club has been through that enough times.

Too right how arrogant does that make jones sound?

I was thinking last.night on the way home just imagine what Gray would've got out of players like Ross Barkley on loan, if we can get another young promising youngster like him on loan we really could be in the mix. The players love Gray, I personally think it's because he's a coach and is heavily involved with daily training on the pitch, he's one of them and not some jumped up nobtosser in a suit banging on about coaching badges or elephants chasing badgers!!!!

Was about to say the exact same thing. Very interesting to hear him say he is the best coach he has ever worked under

Also said that Gray made every coaching session enjoyable leaving the players wanting more , which is a fine art these days.

We have a really outstanding coach at the helm at present and I'm sure this has not gone unnoticed in the Premiership.

I'm a huge admirer of what Laws achieved here, not least, because he produced a Wednesday side that I enjoyed watching. Gray is doing the same with, if anything, less resources. Imagine what he might achieve if he were backed. I'm not talking about lavishing Forest style funding, just making good on his pre takeover promises would be a start. As alluded to in Yesterday's Yorkshire Post, Gray is delivering results with a playing budget significantly less than the majority of clubs in this division.

Not disputing what Gray has done, but he has vastly more resources and a far more harmonious environment than Laws ever had.

Laws would have given his left ball for players of the pedigree of Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Mattock, Hutchinson, Maguire etc

Not taking anything away from either manager, however.

Gray has got them playing as a team. The whole is greater than the individual players. No super star carrying the rest. His big success is getting them all to buy into what he is trying to achieve and making sure they all know what their responsibilities are in each situation.

It is a refreshing change from the last few years and more surprising because he's used players who were already at the club or signed for peanuts. Even May was funded by the sale of Antonio.

All credit to SG and it must be said MM who made it possible.

Not disputing what Gray has done, but he has vastly more resources and a far more harmonious environment than Laws ever had.

Laws would have given his left ball for players of the pedigree of Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Mattock, Hutchinson, Maguire etc

Not taking anything away from either manager, however.

It's debatable, Whelan and Brunt were no mugs