Antonio reception

Guest TonyOwl88

I'm all for thanking players that achieve something for our club or serve us well.... but let's not embarass ourselves. How much respect did he show us when he engineered his move away and gave us the lamest BS excuse via the BBC. 

He was just "too comfortable". This is a guy that played well for half a season after his transfer, and was injured the rest of the time with the exception of a few bobbar performances inbetween. We all stuck with him and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he was just so comfortable in our injury room that he didn't have the drive to repay the faith and love the whole club showed him. I'd have understood better if he'd admitted he just wanted a fatter pay-cheque, but his lies and excuses I just find offensive. 

"I'm not playing well because of that injury I had" "I was too comfortable at Wednesday"... The guy is lazy and has a bad attitude. He doesn't take responsiblity for himself. 

I don't see why anybody would think we owe him anything. He was a proffessional football player on good money for his age here, given a great oppertunity by us, all the support and love he could hope for, and a great medical staff.

I was an Antonio fan, but I choose the money and players who WANT to play for us every time. 

We're Sheffield Wednesday ffs. 

One of the best experiences ive ever had at Hillsborough was the standing Ovation Dion Dublin got when he left the field into retirement we clapped and cheered an Opposing player from the field showing real class why anyone feels the need to boo an ex player is beyond me and could be said to be the dictionary definition of that favourite owlstalk insult "tinpot"

Guest Sheff Owl

Give him a bit of respect before the game and give him a clap when subbed but that should have been it.

There should have been no booing, clapping during the game - NOTHING!

Why do fans feel they have to clap every ex player? It's all very strange...give players a boost during the game, saying that booing gives players a boost to try harder to prove something.

It's just better to do nothing.

I booed him all the way sorry even when he went off

Doesn't play for Wednesday !!!

Also thought he pushed palmer from where I was sat in the lead up to their goal.

WAWAW

UTO

If it had been the other way round Antonio would dropped like he'd been shot which is what Palmer should've done

Antonio fouled in the run up to their goal. We should have had a free kick.

When he was subbed he applauded the Forest fans, he didn't turn and applaud our supporters from what I could see.

His parting comments were unhelpful and he left us without a single player who can cross a ball.

We owe him nothing.

Guest TonyOwl88

I enjoyed telling him he was poo poo. Didn't unsettle him totally but I think he expected a love In

It was fun.... why do we have to be sissy and nice to a guy that wasn't bothered about ditching us for a nice step sideways in his career. 

I'm all for thanking players that achieve something for our club or serve us well.... but let's not embarass ourselves. How much respect did he show us when he engineered his move away and gave us the lamest BS excuse via the BBC.

He was just "too comfortable". This is a guy that played well for half a season after his transfer, and was injured the rest of the time with the exception of a few bobbar performances inbetween. We all stuck with him and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he was just so comfortable in our injury room that he didn't have the drive to repay the faith and love the whole club showed him. I'd have understood better if he'd admitted he just wanted a fatter pay-cheque, but his lies and excuses I just find offensive.

"I'm not playing well because of that injury I had" "I was too comfortable at Wednesday"... The guy is lazy and has a bad attitude. He doesn't take responsiblity for himself.

I don't see why anybody would think we owe him anything. He was a proffessional football player on good money for his age here, given a great oppertunity by us, all the support and love he could hope for, and a great medical staff.

I was an Antonio fan, but I choose the money and players who WANT to play for us every time.

We're Sheffield Wednesday ffs.

😂😄

He deserved every boo he got today.  His foul on McGuire was cynical as they come and he spent all afternoon fouling Palmer (including for the goal).  Time wasting, cheating the lot.

He left because he was lazy and wanted a pay day.  Why would I respect that?

I'll never boo anyone in blue and white, but he was in red today and deserved it.

Just not bothered...

Got a mixed reception which I expected. Didnt really deliver like we expected after finally getting him.

Didnt see him applaud or acknowledge our fans at all though, unlike Grant for Derby the other week. Thought that was poor of him, maybe he got upset with the stick he got last season?

Edited by swfc-dan

Guest Sheff Owl

The only player i would and have gave a clap for is Lee Grant, choosing to go to help save the club.

As for people like Beevers it's just mental.