Antonio reception

One of the best experiences ive ever had at Hillsborough was the standing Ovation Dion Dublin got when he left the field into retirement we clapped and cheered an Opposing player from the field showing real class why anyone feels the need to boo an ex player is beyond me and could be said to be the dictionary definition of that favourite owlstalk insult "tinpot"

This.  And now a fairly high profile ex-player who's career had nothing at all to do with, speaks highly of us for that gesture.

I don't have an issue with someone wanting to further their career.  If he'd said "it's the next step IMO and a great opportunity for me to get promoted" I can live with that, but his crap excuse was feeble and he deserves all he gets.

Maybe he's not as articulate or intelligent as you.

I don't have an issue with someone wanting to further their career. If he'd said "it's the next step IMO and a great opportunity for me to get promoted" I can live with that, but his crap excuse was feeble and he deserves all he gets.

Why does he need an excuse? It's his career, not yours.

The only player i would and have gave a clap for is Lee Grant, choosing to go to help save the club.

As for people like Beevers it's just mental.

Any player who has done well and given his all for the club ill applaud. If Whelan or Brunt face against us anytime soon (hopeful thinking) ill definately give them applause at FT. Dont think Antonio did consistently well enough and his reasons for leaving were poor.

Embarrassing.

Did you give him a standing ovation.  Shed a tear perhaps when he went off?

Clapping opposition players who've just set up the winning goal is embarrassing in my eyes.  Especially one who was so consistently average when he played for us.

Just not bothered...

On a more football-related note, I was quite impressed with him today, he seems to have learnt more to play in a team. I suspect his problem here was he thought he was the best player on the pitch for us so everything had to go through him, whereas at Forest he knows he has to earn his place and he knows he has to work with the other players more. Could be very effective for them, I still think we could have got more for him

Did you give him a standing ovation. Shed a tear perhaps when he went off?

Clapping opposition players who've just set up the winning goal is embarrassing in my eyes. Especially one who was so consistently average when he played for us.

I didn't do anything. But you can assume all you like.

Guest Sheff Owl

Did you give him a standing ovation.  Shed a tear perhaps when he went off?

Clapping opposition players who've just set up the winning goal is embarrassing in my eyes.  Especially one who was so consistently average when he played for us.

The Beevers one was embarrassing. 

He was totally average but lets give him a standing ovation.

The Beevers one was embarrassing. 

He was totally average but lets give him a standing ovation. 

The problem is we seem to do it for everyone, Beevers, Tudgay, O'Grady, Grant, Antonio (sort of), the list goes on and on... It seems to be seen as common practice to applaud former players now, to the point that I shall look forward to applauding Martin Taylor when we draw whichever conference/league 2 club he signs with in the cup, followed by applauding Llera when we draw Scunthorpe in the next round, followed by cheering and giving a standing ovation to Nuhiu when we draw Man United in the next round (Nuhiu having been signed for £10 million in the January window)

Apart from Antonio who I boo'd, I generally clap ex players who deserve it.

Whelan, Brunt, Lee Grant, Spurr, Beevers, Llera, Reda, JJ and plenty more gave a lot for our club, I can't see how it would be any more normal to ignore them all together.

It's all about the rapport with fans. Generally if you had one you'll get a good reception, If you didn't you'll get ignored, and if you left on bad terms you get boo'd.

Pretty simple.

Then maybe next time you should make it clearer when you are asking a question.and who it is aimed at.

I'd think quoting you and putting a question mark at the end of the sentence should do that.

Or do you want a phone call next time?  (That's a question to you Phil)

Just not bothered...

Guest Sheff Owl

I would just rather save my applause for players that deserve it rather than numerous players that happen to play for us and achieve nothing.

Guest wadsgod

He didn't give us a second thought when he f@cked off to forest so as far as I'm concerned he can do one. We don't owe him anything and he doesn't owe us anything, he was payed handsomely for doing a job when he was here.