Parents urge Sheffield Wednesday fans to remember baby daughter

Apologies if already posted.

The heartbroken parents of a baby who died are calling on Sheffield Wednesday fans to help celebrate their daughter’s life during tomorrow’s first home match of the Championship season.

Rebecca Hall and Carl Watts want Wednesdayites to erupt into a round of applause on the 33rd minute of the game against Derby County at Hillsborough in memory of their daughter Hannah Rose, who died when she was only 33 days old.

Rebecca, of Swallownest, Rotherham said: “We want to celebrate her short, but perfect life.

“She was so inquisitive and nosy. She recognised her dad’s voice as soon as he came into the room. She took everything in. She used to look you deep into the eyes.”

Rebecca was in labour for 64 hours before she gave birth to Hannah, weighing 6lb 7oz, by emergency caesarian.

1552938679.jpg

Doctors diagnosed her with oral thrush and reflux when she was a few weeks old.

However, on Sunday August 3, she took a turn for the worse.

Rebecca said: “I did her evening feed but she wouldn’t take any feed at all. She was really distressed.

“I phoned the walk-in centre and they told us to take her straight to accident and emergency.”

Doctors battled for several hours, but sadly Hannah passed away in the early hours of Sunday, August 4.

Her devastated parents have been told she may have died because of a heart defect.

About 200 mourners gathered at Rotherham Crematorium for Hannah’s funeral on Wednesday.

Retail worker Rebecca said the couple, who are both massive Wednesday fans, have been left numb after Hannah’s death.

They hope tomorrow’s home game will provide the perfect opportunity for them to remember their daughter.

Rebecca said: “We’re just getting on with things. We’ve had a lot of friends and family around so we’ve had a lot of support. The funeral was amazing. There was so many people there and we asked for donations to Rotherham Hospital. But I think Saturday’s game will be harder.

“I was sat on the sofa when I said to Carl we should try and get a round of applause.

“I tweeted it and thought it would be ignored, but it got about 500 retweets.

“Hannah will also be in Saturday’s programme and on the score board at 33 minutes.”

Rebecca and Carl, aged 35, will be on the Kop tomorrow.

Rebecca said: “My dad has been a season ticket holder for 40 years and his wife for 35 years. A lot of our friends also go and others are going on Saturday to support us.”

“I want to thank everybody for their support and for remembering Hannah.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/parents-urge-sheffield-wednesday-fans-to-remember-baby-daughter-during-match-1-6786729

its already sorted my friend.on monday i was speaking to some close friends of theirs as i was going to hillsbrough in the week to ask for it to be done.

the club as far i know are going to make an anouncment and her name will be on the scoreboard on 33 mins.not only that there will something in the matchday programme as well.

if any of this is incorrect then the friend i spoke to will correct me.

Can I just say I've seen how enthusiastic you've been about this, and I think it should be recognised.

Well done mate you should be rightly proud of yourself

i just so wanted this to be done so much on a very sad occasion for them.

thank you for your words mark it means alot.

i just wanted to help if i could.

I'm sure it's been noted and hopefully your hard work will pay off tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry if I have offended anyone and come across as heartless. My comment was in relation to the bit in the paper; -

'We should try and get a round of applause'

Me and my Mrs have been through the same thing and the last thing that I would have wanted was this, we just wanted to crawl off and not have anything to do with anybody.

We all handle it in different ways so I sincerely apologise for my comments.