Antonio or May?

Guest JonTheOwl66

If we had Cox and May id genuinely be excited about our strike force

to answer the question though ... Massive fan of Antonio and a big part of me is still gutted he's at forest now but in all honesty i really think he wouldn't have got in the side tomorrow infront Maghoma and Maguire and that's a part of the reason he's gone , I'd take Stevie May over him because were desperate for a decent striker and have been for a long time i just hope Milan backs it up with another striker coming in and possibly a wide man although i think Gray could see Helan and Lavery as cover out wide aswell as Palmer

We'd all love to see Marshall back and you can't help notice he wasn't involved for blackburn tonight but is Milan in a position to fund the kind of deal it would take to get the lad back ? Doubtful for me , i think we will go for Sammy Ameobi

I think our need of a striker is greater than our need of Antonio at the moment.

I can't say at the moment whether May will be that striker, but the notion of trading in Antonio in order to bring in a striker isn't something I have a massive problem with.

May.

Antonio is a mere mortal.

Please go into much more detail with this FACT for instance can you delve deep into the myths of old just to reiterate how beyond a mortal Stevie May is. Many thanks lord snooty I can't wait to read how nearly every myth and legend actually involves super stevie may. (most enjoyable posts on here lol)

You only have to consider how we'd cope if we got an injury to Maguire or Maghoma, themselves not natural widemen It's a poor show when have just 4 options for 4 attacking positions.

If we can get another 'not natural wideman' who is as effective as Maguire was last season I'll be over the moon.

I that is be happy if we can sign a good winger (I think we all know who would be top of the list) on a permanent deal and get a second winger and maybe a centre half in on loan.

Guest wilyfox

Going by Milan's reaction to Michail's departure, he wasn't sacrificed in order to buy May; he wanted to go - but the cash certainly enables us to do this deal. I don't think Stu would have gotten the green light without it.

Got a good feeling about May. Won't get excited until it's official, but he seems the type of forward we need up top to play off Nuhiu or Madine. Would be a great lift if the deal gets done before kick-off this avo.

We've got the sort of player we've been after for a while in May, now it's just down to him doing it at this level.

Just hope we sign a winger who has more of an end product. Would love an Agard, not the most fluent player you'll ever see. But very effective and explosive. Out of contract next year, if Bristol C think they can get him then surely we could.

This would result in Toytown meltdown

We need May more due to the fact we need a striker, Antonio will be missed but a fee of £1.5M is good business especially when May is only costing 800k. Hope we can then invest the remnaining money into a replacement for Antonio.

Let's be honest here one of the best things about us going into this season is that we have a clear playing style with SG. We can turn up and see what his intentions are with the tactics and we will TRY TO KEEP THE BALL!!

I've lost count of the amount of games I've seen over recent years where the tactics appear to be 'give it to JJ/Antonio' and hope for the best.

With our new tactics we're looking to pass through the thirds, keep the ball and work the overloads out wide. Players like Antonio don't work well in that at all. He isn't a 'clever' player whatsoever.

He's relatively lazy in helping out the full back, wasteful in possession and seemingly wanted to leave.

However, in an ideal world, I'd like to have kept him within the squad as a plan b/c option for a counter attacking away performance. Unfortunately, without a takeover, I don't think we can afford to carry someone of that value as just a 'squad player'.

He may do well at Forest but he was never going to flourish in our current system.

Are people really saying Antonio and Creativity in the same sentence?

Yes, in his own way he did "make things happen". Energy, power, pace, impact. Indirectly or otherwise he added to our goal threat.

I will not be happy if he comes here playing for t'opposition and dribbles the ball in circles in the corner just to taunt us.

But we are better off with May (plus maybe another signing with the remaining money) than with Antonio. We need a "proper" consistent striker to contribute the goals we'd otherwise rely on loan players (viz Wickham, Fryatt, Best) for.