Antonio fee agreed - medical happening next

To be fair, since we were promoted Antonio has been mostly disappointing. He's just a younger, bigger built JJ. His poor performances far outweigh his good ones. I've only seen one pre season game, the one at York, and he was very disappointing in that game, particularly when you think that they play two leagues below us.

If selling him allows us to bring a decent midfield player, and a reasonable striker, I'll be more than happy with that.

Likewise I can't think of too many great performances.

He has chipped in with a fair number of goals but far less than the amount he should have got- he played a lot of games. He had the same habit that JJ had of getting into an incredible positions only to give the ball away. 

A frustrating player for his team mates i would have thought.

If Gray had wanted him to stay he wouldn't have gone. I believe Gray does not see him as someone who can play the way he wants to implement.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Marshall will cost exactly what Antonio does if Blackburn don't completely want rid.

Why they roger would they sell for less?

They need to get him off the wage budget. Blackburn are seriously concerned about their expenditure according to several paper reports from start of July.

Antonio is by far the best player we have once he gets fit. He has had time injurd then time to get match fit. Anyone saying selling him makes any sense shows what morons they are. Takeover has not happened yet Mr Mamadov seems to be full of false promises like Milan when it comes to spending at other clubs as far as we can tell so far. Sell our best players yep that makes sense ffs. looks like no takeover and Milan selling so he doesn't have to spend his money. Relegation battle at best if we sell Antonio and takeover never happens then likely if we got a few injuries we could go down. Happy clappers suck on that 

Edited by ashley8

Good business, IMO don't believe the 25% to reading this isn't fm, where you say anything to get your player Milan is a businesman with a commitment to the fans and a reputation he wouldn't tarnish by doing something highly unethical like pocketing it.

What, so sell on clauses only exist on Football Manager?

I remember last season, somebody asking Stuart Gray about Antonio, and part of Gray's answer was something like, "I don't think so, to be a good footballer, you need a footballing brain". Maybe he doesn't rate him too highly, and if he can get that kind of money for him, I'd say go for it, and bring somebody you like, to the club.

Antonio is by far the best player we have once he gets fit. He has had time injurd then time to get match fit. Anyone saying selling him makes any sense shows what morons they are. Takeover has not happened yet Mr Mamadov seems to be full of false promises like Milan when it comes to spending at other clubs as far as we can tell so far. Sell our best players yep that makes sense ffs. looks like no takeover and Milan selling so he doesn't have to spend his money. Relegation battle at best if we sell Antonio and takeover never happens then likely if we got a few injuries we could go down. Happy clappers suck on that 

No way near our best player.

I remember last season, somebody asking Stuart Gray about Antonio, and part of Gray's answer was something like, "I don't think so, to be a good footballer, you need a footballing brain". Maybe he doesn't rate him too highly, and if he can get that kind of money for him, I'd say go for it, and bring somebody you like, to the club.

Nail on head

Antonio is good BUT I know I would hate to be Buxton or Palmer with him ahead of me because his mind is only on him and not the team, his defensive support is poor and sporadic. Opposing teams know this and often get 2 on 1 in our right back area. For every goal he gets his defensive frailties lose us goals.

For me this is good business

What, so sell on clauses only exist on Football Manager?

No but I don't believe that Milan would pay close to 1m + give away a quater of any future profit, it seemed like they had our pants down at the time never mind bending us over and giving us a right tousing too.

Sham67 Antonio will be sold because he's th e only player worth buying so how is he not our best player. Milan needs to get players in so selling him to get money in. If we don't get money invested we are blowing a big hole in our squad obvious.