Stu says...

it's only a friendly FFS ,means knowt in the grand scheme of things ,things are looking crap so what aint we used to it ,when there is points at stake is the time to worry , Yes it would be nice to have every thing in place before we kick off , but the fact is we don't pointless going off one because it won't change a thing ,this flopover has to run it's course before we can do anything either way ,so we are where we are and sorry to say we have to put up with it sad though the case may be

I wouldn't bother Trev, the lunatics have taken over the asylum for the time being.

Who decided to pay for westwood and hutch? Who's budget did that come out of?

I would have said our existing budget after the release of players like Gardner, Taylor, Reda, Prutton, Llera etc.

Any further purchases are pretty much reliant on our future situation so we sit and wait.

You mean the budget that was spent last season?

And why would Manderic spend money on something he's already sold?

It's like selling your house, but a month before completion day, you decide it would be nice if you splashed out on a conservatory for the new owners.

Not using last season's budget, matching last season's budget. The current weekly budget must be lower given all the summer departures, the lack of loan fees etc.

Even before the takeover rumours, we were told our budget was more competitive this season

This is the key point. We should have conducted our transfer business in line with a worst case scenario, of no takeover. Complete balls up, as usual, during pre season. We are forever playing catch up.

Since the announce of the "Flopover" (sorry Trev) people have got behind Milan to thank him etc etc and have apparently forgot about all the spin he gives (bless him)..

I am one of those people but now I am seriously concerned as to his word, he has always promised us (given us his word) that he will only sell us to the right buyer, at first this looked like he was keeping his word, now it just looks like he has gone too far down the road to turn back and is now desperate to get rid...

Milan has been good for us, However, I have serious doubts over our future but unfortunately short of winning the Euromillions I can do foook all about it, the future is bright, the future is (well we now all know about red and gold)...

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

This is the key point. We should have conducted our transfer business in line with a worst case scenario, of no takeover. Complete balls up, as usual, during pre season. We are forever playing catch up.

As long as the players were better than what we have We could then have upgraded if and when the funds were available At least we'd be kicking off the season with some hope that we could actually compete from day one. I just don't get this notion that the season starts for real in September

One of the most frustrating pre seasons I can remember. When news of the takeover broke all those weeks ago I was feeling so excited and positive thinking of the type of players we could bring in. Now all we've done is bring in one new player from last season and that's a bloody goalkeeper.

One of the most frustrating pre seasons I can remember. When news of the takeover broke all those weeks ago I was feeling so excited and positive thinking of the type of players we could bring in. Now all we've done is bring in one new player from last season and that's a bloody goalkeeper.

In our present state buying a new goalkeeper, and one as expensive as Westwood, is like having a 3 wheeler car, and sticking a spoiler on it.

Not using last season's budget, matching last season's budget. The current weekly budget must be lower given all the summer departures, the lack of loan fees etc.

We probably are matching last seasons budget which was also woefully inadequate & had to be supplemented by 2 further charges/loans against the stadium. MM is hardly in a position to do the same again. Unless HM helps SG out by advancing funds before the takeover is complete we've no alternative but to sit tight & support the under resourced squad until it is complete.

We are curentkt running a lower budget than last year.

If Mannadov trusted each other we would see the transfers sorted.

They don't so we won't.

Stuart Gray is the major victim in all this. Milan will spout done crap in November about proper support bad then sack him by December.

Round and round we go.

Why in earth are we carrying 2 senior GKs?

Kirkland was dropped for poor form at the end of last season. Once we signed Westwood he should have been f ucked off

This takeover stalled just after that signing. You can't tell me with a bobbar budget we decided to have 2 senior goalkeepers on big money.

Milan has been good for us, However, I have serious doubts over our future but unfortunately short of winning the Euromillions I can do foook all about it, the future is bright, the future is (well we now all know about red and gold)...

I don't have a problem with MM and I do think his heart is in the right place.

But Pompey fans don't think he left them in good shape

The seeds of their downfall were sown by MM