Stu says...

Once there is some evidence that your statement carries any truth what so ever will I ever doubt Mandaric.

Then you should remember / bookmark this for in 2 years time should this takeover go through, I would personally respect Milan more if he was to put up the for sale sign again while these so called discussions were still on-going..

I don't have a problem with MM and I do think his heart is in the right place.

But Pompey fans don't think he left them in good shape

The seeds of their downfall were sown by MM

Scram,

I didn't have a problem with Milan either, on the contrary I really supported and believed in him, he has got our club back on its feet, of that I have no doubt.

However I do believe having been lulled into thinking this guy was the one to take us forward he is now backed into a corner that he can't (and possibly doesn't want to) get out of, he obviously wants to get rid for personal reasons and I don't think the vast majority of us would begrudge him that.

I am just very concerned that this is now no longer in the best interest of the club, never mind us fans...

You want him to tout the "for sale" sign up whilst he has just completed due diligence with another party? Are you on the sauce??

I am now yes but wasn't earlier, I have to say I don't trust this Mammadov fella, he's far too dodgy, Rolex watches, late payments, "don't cross him or he'll walk away" threats.

For me let him go, I aint seen anything to say he's going to spend big and I don't think you have ?

The one set by Milan FFS...

So all them players left and two came in, admitedly on higher wages and took up all that budget? I fail to believe that between mm and hm they couldn't arrange an interim budget knowing how important the pre-season is. They are both taking a massive risk of us being cast adrift before the takeover (which I do believe will happen and for the better) which I can't believe business men would do.

Scram,

I didn't have a problem with Milan either, on the contrary I really supported and believed in him, he has got our club back on its feet, of that I have no doubt.

However I do believe having been lulled into thinking this guy was the one to take us forward he is now backed into a corner that he can't (and possibly doesn't want to) get out of, he obviously wants to get rid for personal reasons and I don't think the vast majority of us would begrudge him that.

I am just very concerned that this is now no longer in the best interest of the club, never mind us fans...

I don't think we are disagreeing

Was just pointing out that i'm not too convinced that MM is overly bothered about the suitability of the next owner as much as he is about his profit margin

Hence the Pompey scenario

Guest wilyfox

I am just very concerned that this is now no longer in the best interest of the club

That is my main concern. The takeover delay has gone beyond the point of just impacting on our pre-season; Gray has revealed we've now started to miss out on players because of it - and that's a far greater issue than starting the new campaign with players that aren't quite up to speed.

If Mammadov is plan A and Milan plan B, I suspect Milan authorised the signings of Hutch, Westwood, and the out of contract trio because they all fit into either scenario. But now comes the time when we must commit to A or B.

So all them players left and two came in, admitedly on higher wages and took up all that budget? I fail to believe that between mm and hm they couldn't arrange an interim budget knowing how important the pre-season is. They are both taking a MASSIVE risk of us being cast adrift before the takeover (which I do believe will happen and for the better) which I can't believe business men would do.

You might think some contingency plan could have been worked out It rather suggests to me, that neither of them is particularly confident of the takeover happening.

Guest wilyfox

Can you show me an example of where a takeover has happened and being ratified in less than 6 weeks??

Why? Are you trying to suggest this delay is normal?

Can you show me an example of where a takeover has happened and being ratified in less than 6 weeks??

Exactly. If we know it takes longer, mm must know. Surely there must have been a conversation mentioning that it will drag on into the season and what are we (mmm & hm) going to do about it. I can't believe they have just thought sod it we'll get by with the players we have until it goes through. A few key injuries and we're screwed imo.

Feel for Gray because it'll be him that gets f""ked off when we have a poor start.

Not the business man who doesn't have the hindsight to see his delayed efforts to procure the club will leave us short in key areas.

The inevitable crap we churn out during the months before Xmas, ahhhh how I've missed you.

Writings on the wall.

Good points - but don't you mean foresight  (unless you are making a subtle observation that is totally beyond me,  in which case I humbly apologise). Or maybe forsight - or some such saga.

Edited by VictoryBell

I've heard a couple of people complaining that if this drags on for months we could end up being relegated by xmas and HM will pull the plug rather than buying a club that will start next season in league 1. I don't think MM will let that happen - he might be many things but the man is no fool, he won't put his faith in a false economy that would put a deal this lucrative at risk. If it drags on for months I can see him funding a couple of short term loans - or at the most a couple of short term deals for out of contract players, similar to McPhail, loovens etc last season - to keep us competitive/prevent us being 10 points adrift by the time the take over is completed. Anyone expecting or hoping for him to do anything more than that is going to be sadly disappointed though.

Guest wilyfox

I'm suggesting nearer 12 weeks in the norm yet you think it should be done by now or this is very unusual. I ask you on the basis of other clubs takeovers why do you think that?

When did I say it should be done by now?

Guest wilyfox

You say commit to either A (Mamadov) or B Mandaric. So it's pick one or the other is it?

We need to recruit according to plan A or B, yes. That does not equate to "think it should be done by now". The club statement made it quite clear the delays are specifically due to Mammadov's other business affairs. It's not a FL ratification delay - it's a Mamma delay; without which, perhaps it might be done by now. But that wasn't the point...

I don't think we are disagreeing

Was just pointing out that i'm not too convinced that MM is overly bothered about the suitability of the next owner as much as he is about his profit margin

Hence the Pompey scenario

My apologies, guess there's a little concern everywhere at the moment...

if you was in the process buying a house would you give the current owners money to get it how you wanted it before signing the contract of conveyance .....

No you wouldnt , but  if you were selling you would make sure the property is well maintained and  in good working order whilst you are waiting for the sale to be completed . 

Edited by S36 OWL