Stu says...

So all them players left and two came in, admitedly on higher wages and took up all that budget? I fail to believe that between mm and hm they couldn't arrange an interim budget knowing how important the pre-season is. They are both taking a MASSIVE risk of us being cast adrift before the takeover (which I do believe will happen and for the better) which I can't believe business men would do.

And what if these two business me don't really trust one and other ?

Buying a house off you could be soooo productive if that's how you really see things...

Remarkable toys out of the pram reaction. Queen of the drama queens.

After years of throw pots not having any money and using us for a PR stunt a guy finally puts proof of funds behind his interest and you want to get shut.

Eh ? Not really a drama queen reaction, more of a business one, if we were to put us back on the market MH would either put up or shut up, if he shut up that would then show just how committed to us he wasn't..

If he really wanted us he might then just make us a higher priority. I'm no longer worried about the takeover, more what the implications might be should it go ahead..

And... You still haven't given me any example of where MH has said he will spend big ?

That is my main concern. The takeover delay has gone beyond the point of just impacting on our pre-season; Gray has revealed we've now started to miss out on players because of it - and that's a far greater issue than starting the new campaign with players that aren't quite up to speed.

If Mammadov is plan A and Milan plan B, I suspect Milan authorised the signings of Hutch, Westwood, and the out of contract trio because they all fit into either scenario. But now comes the time when we must commit to A or B.

Bang on !

No you wouldnt , but  if you were selling you would make sure the property is well maintained and  in good working order whilst you are waiting for the sale to be completed . 

TBH you don't really care what the order of the property is like after you agree to sell it - as long as you don't let it deteriorate to an extent that would affect the likelihood of sale completion - a couple of players here or there is absolutely immaterial in the scheme of things

I don't need to search for any posts by me suggesting he would spend big. I have repeatedly said there is nothing in this guys history that suggests he would.

If he simply increased our wage bill by 5m a year it would make us a very solid, competitive championship side, with players that we own and a foundation to build from.

Do you think he was going to come in and spend millions? If so what made you think that?

Don't try and be smart ar$e by turning my question to you back around on me, you have continually spouted he is our saving grace and that he will be getting us to the promised land, we were losing £5mill a year, that's probably why we have let more players go than we have replaced to balance the books, if he was to invest a further £5mill as you suggest we would only be back to where we were last season, yet you continually drool he'll want to earn money by getting us back to the Premier, how's he going to do that then ?

Or are you now starting to back track ?

I'm all ears to hear how you know that for a fact. Do you have a line straight into the Pozzo family?

Charlton took about a month or just over, they were in turmoil with the previous owners and people were leaving and resigning from their board right up to Roland Dutchatelet having an interest with them and then agreeing to take them over.

Your remark to Scram sounds a bit childish if i'm honest, he probably knows more than anyone on here about Watfords internal affairs.

Nobody knows how long negotiations had been going on for and what stage they were at when they became public is my point. Whose to say that Charltons takeover hadn't been lodged with the FL for two months before it became public??

Because it didn't..... if you need more evidence of this then perhaps you should contact Into the Valley or CharltonLife, people are telling you what they know yet you still choose to ignore it, Scram doesn't strike me as the type of poster to make stuff up if I'm honest.

We need someone - and HM is the best option we have - to get our wage bill to start signing players, even bosmans that will give us a foundation to build from.

For instance had he been in place would we have been offering the wages to sign the likes of Fryatt? I hope in the future we can sign that type of free

Are you now on the sauce ?

Better the devil you know for me, Milan has always been with us, he turns up at Hillsborough, I wonder if MH even knows where it is ?

Milan stated he wanted Fryatt but obviously backed off because Forest offered him more, why then (in your words) if MH ain't going to up the budget would we be able to beat Forest ?

You seem to be full of double standards and to just want an argument...

Let's let it go now...

Nobody knows how long negotiations had been going on for and what stage they were at when they became public is my point.

In regards to Watford i do know

Not going to tell you how i know because thats my business - but i do KNOW

If you choose to disbelieve me then fine - thats your choice

It's strange how you asked a question and when you didn't like the answer you dismissed it

Well, how about you providing evidence that the takeovers mentioned took longer than 6 weeks?

Guest Willie Henderson

I'm suggesting nearer 12 weeks in the norm yet you think it should be done by now or this is very unusual. I ask you on the basis of other clubs takeovers why do you think that?

MM said when the takeover was announced it would take between a week and 3 week for the ratification?

Why would he say that if it normally takes 12 weeks ?

So the Charlton equivalent of Owls Talk who no doubt spout as much drivel as we do know the date the new owner of Charlton first struck a deal with the club. Your talking about something you state as fact when you have no possible way of knowing that to be the case.

Christ Milan said he'd let us know something when there was something to tell for this very reason.....pointless speculation

None of us have ever sold a football club were mearly speculating

Some forums are different to OT.

If you want to find more accurate information then ask man himself @airmanbrown, works at Charlton and posts reliable info of certain sites and twitter, hope you get the answers you're looking for.

Guest wilyfox

I don't care how long ratification takes; someone has to stump up for 3 or 4 players, be it Milan or Mamma. We should not be starting a season with a squad of 20. It's not even a fit squad of 20; a handful have injury concerns. We'll struggle to name a matchday 18 for Brighton at this rate.

As things stand with the takeover incomplete, the buck stops with Milan. If he has to do the necessary with Mamma's cash coming into play further down the line...then so be it. That's not what anyone wants - with cheaper signings being the likelihood - but it may have to be that way.

Not really that bothered Mark but I'd be surprised if he goes on the Charlton equivalent of OT and talks about highly confidential club business.

Well he does, and he works within the club and further more he is very respected and doesn't post crap.

Like I say, look him up or twitter him, I'm sure he'll provide you the answers you're asking for regarding Charltons takeover.

Think Scram has also said Watfords was relatively quick and painless aswell.

**Edit here you go, made it easy for you, https://twitter.com/airmanbrown

Edited by TaxiMark