Le Stade de Hillsborough

I just knew when the riders were speeding down Halifax road towards the Leppings Lane petrol station on the roundabout that ITV would cut to a break grrrr!

I quickly switched over to Eurosport where there she was, Hillsborough in her resplendant glory. Some stupid Irish sod was talking about summat else and was totally oblivious.

Quickly switched back to ITV4 where the leaders were coming through the Arches and the commentator saying something about the season not having started yet, I presume he was referring to the stadium and Wednesday?

By the way, that Italian winner had a reyt camel's toe!

lol

Edited by Pulsar

Anyone else notice that it got called the home of Sheffield Football Club

I thought they said home of football in sheffield... which is technically true. but I may have misheard!

That must be why the lass in the yellow dress on the podium denied him a well done peck on the cheek.

He went for it and she ignored him lol

Yes she did, funny as phook that, he tried to make out he was adjusting his jersey or looking at the flowers.

Well spotted.

lol

I thought they said home of football in sheffield... which is technically true. but I may have misheard!

I recorded both ITV and Eurosport. ITV went for a break and practically missed a Hillsborough out! Eurosport didn't, they said the famous Sheffield football stadium of Hillsborough.

they said that on itv4 along with a lovely ariel shot

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry badly worded.

Itv 4 just caught the end of the shot but did talk about us.

Eurosport caught all of it but said nowt!

Edited by mark77

aye,dont like this "old lady" nonsense.

She's over 100 years of age and she's not male.

Ergo...

I think it's a nice way to refer to our ground if you can't pronounce "Hillsborough" (or "Owlerton" if your an ancient git. Does anybody call Hillsborough "Owlerton" any more - unless they mean the dog track?)