Kirkland

1. Chris Kirkland: "I've got a great relationship with Stuart Gray... I love the club, I love the lads.... it's a great place to be." #SWFC

Expand

2. “@robstaton: Chris Kirkland: "I'm a flipping cat and I cry over a little slap on the face." #SWFC” Fair play for admitting it.

Expand
    •  

3.  Retweeted by Tom Russell

@ChrissieBits He wasn't crying on January 11th. Maybe a few tears of laughter when the sixth went in...

lol

Edited by bigdan2003

No, i mean people who troll on here daily by spouting obvioulsy contrarian shyte with the sole purpose of looking for a reaction. Anyone who thinks Martinez (or, indeed someone of Bywaters ilk) should play ahead of Kirkland, on form weve seen so far this season, is a dollshead

By dollshead do you mean someone who thinks Bywater could have played this season for us instead of Kirkland? And who on earth said MArtinez this season above Kirkland? I am one of his biggest critics but for most of this season he was exceptional, although now we are seeing the average form again.

Bywater deserved a chance at the time because Kirkland wasnt showing the form he did this season.

By dollshead do you mean someone who thinks Bywater could have played this season for us instead of Kirkland? And who on earth said MArtinez this season above Kirkland? I am one of his biggest critics but for most of this season he was exceptional, although now we are seeing the average form again.

Bywater deserved a chance at the time because Kirkland wasnt showing the form he did this season.

Yeah, if you like. Each to their own, though.

At that time i believe bywater was coming down with 'paul heffernan syndrome' - the less he played they better he was

Guest Fedor

How many keepers really dominate their penalty areas these days though ?

Agreed , not many , it seems more the continental style nowadays.

Yeah, if you like. Each to their own, though.

At that time i believe bywater was coming down with 'paul heffernan syndrome' - the less he played they better he was

Kirkland was not in form at that time and i think you know that, this season however for the most part he was exceptional.

Good to know he enjoys it here but that interview means nothing. It's just a standard footballers interview. Unfortunately there will be a number if clubs interested in Chris, most likely lower end premiership clubs or top end championship clubs. He's out of contract and will no doubt get some attractive offers from other clubs. With our financial situation I expect us to struggle to compete with the clubs so I expect Chris will move on sadly.

Be a good start for Kirkland to stay but have to say some of his recent games have been poor, his kicking and coming out for balls have been diabolical in recent games however he has still saved us at times like his display against B'mouth.

I personally think the fact our defending has being so bad recently it has highlighted CK more.

Guest zico sterland

Kikland is a far better keeper thsn Martinez ,but some on here would moan if we had Gordon Banks at his best in nets. Kirkland deserves a new deal and it could well be a major mistake if we dont get it sorted out.

I think long term that Martinez would be a good signing.

Kirkland at times worries me.He tends to stop on his line when balls are coming in.

Reminds me very much of Chris Woods in that respect

Bywater was pants in my opinion.

Edited by owlsdreamer

Getting Kirkland tied up to a longer contract would be a great start to our summer dealings.

I thought Martinez was pants btw.

His kicking was a bit pants at times but I don't think he was too bad a keeper, still a baby as goalkeepers go so will probably get better too.

Think in terms of fans opinions of him he just suffered from not being Kirkland,  just seemed strange that he was playing when we had one of the better keepers in this division on the bench but he did alright, Charlton game aside