Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Was going to say the same thing, but I remember hearing he is wanting to play again. Just googled an article. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/06/craig-gordon-fresh-start-knee-problem

Not sure if he would be worth the risk, although he was a quality player. Also not sure if he would be willing to have a trial etc and might just want a deal. Be interesting to see where he does end up and what kind of wages he will be on. Honestly no idea if he's expecting to be back up for a prem side or starting in the championship or even dropping down to league 1 or staying in Scotland. Looking forward to see where he ends up in a few months.

Guest wilyfox

Could go either way.

Players of his experience and ability would complement the team when mixed with the likes of Lee and Lavery.

I don't doubt, but I'd still rather have Hutchinson back if he can manage his knee problem. Thinking of Reid reminds me of Steve Watson - a great benefit if you can keep them fit for selection, but injury ended Watson's career.

Guest Sheff Owl

Well Bolton must be managing somehow.

They have signed Neil Danns, looking to sign Liam Trotter and are linked with Chris Burke and Liam Feeney.

Given the players we have released we will be able to compete for one or two solid free agents and the players in question will likely need to take a pay cut wherever they end up.

We just won't sign 6 proven players, I suspect 1 or 2 a striker and cb whilst we think outside the box for the others ie the likes of newton

Samaras anyone - getting released by Celtic.

Personally think he's a bit of donkey, but Andy Carroll did ok in this league.

When he feels like it Samaras is pure class. Though, he doesn't feel "like it" very often.

Zak Whitbread on a free transfer, not had much football on loan at Derby, but a decent defender at this level. Just been released by Leicester.

John Eustace. 34 years old, but get him in for a year. Very solid and a good passer of the ball a bit of experience in midfield. He'll be surplus to requirements at Derby whether they go up or not.

Gary Gardner. Young midfielder, had him on loan. knows the club. Would be a gamble but potentially we have a young, English, goal scoring midfielder who will have a resale value. A must in my opinion.

Keith Treacy. A bit of a luxury player, but has quality and again will be a free transfer and can put a cross in. Set piece delivery is something we lack at the moment.

Callum Wilson. Milan has to spend some money if we want to improve on last season. Spend it on a striker, a goalscorer. Wilson fits the bill, 21 goals in League One and has some pace.

Just a wish list but I think they're realistic and would improve us.

:tango:  :tango:  lol

I'd definitely like us to go for Ignasi Miquel from Arsenal on loan. He was at Leciester for the latter part of the season and looked a very tidy and imposing defender. Alongside Loovens he would be a good addition and has a decent pedigree.

This is of course if we cannot attract a more high-profile CB. I'd still take him on loan for a season though as we are extremely short on numbers in that department with Zayatte our only core CB on the books.

Edited by Babushka1867

Babushka - you must have a very loose definition of a centre back referring to Zayate as our only 'core centre back' . When I've seen him he's never central nor back when any players a're heading towards the goal. Id class the lamp post outside Hillsborough as being more sturdy and at least it gets in the way of a few people.