SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

Grandad, the whole World knew we up for investment previously, but it didn't stop SWFC paying various people to find investors.

PS. Anyone know why the 

button doesn't show the original post in the Quote HTML for me? Is there a setting somewhere? Cheers.

Grandad, the whole World knew we up for investment previously, but it didn't stop SWFC paying various people to find investors.

PS. Anyone know why the 

button doesn't show the original post in the Quote HTML for me? Is there a setting somewhere? Cheers.

I Had the same problem a few moths ago and found it was a problem caused by a windows update, had to reset updates back.

Guest conisbrough

Agents I think are unlikely to be on a retainer, but on a commission basis.Hence if they brought in new purchaser would be entitled to payment. I suspect numerous agents will know which clubs are open to offers and will try to match prospective purchasers to them. When Wednesday did link up with a firm they weeemploying it was made public.

Believe Mystery Man is embarrassed by situation, suspect he has no answers or excuses to give.

Guest Deleted member

I would imagine that by breaching confidentiality agreements - any commission is potentially in jeopardy

I would imagine that by breaching confidentiality agreements - any commission is potentially in jeopardy

Also, speaking to the press without explicit permission from the parties involved would potentially jeopardise the whole deal and therefore any commission

Guest mkowl

Who was suppose to get the documents?

Well Mysteryman wanted to send them to Neil but I suggested perhaps he may not be the best candidate - no offence like

I suggested as a professional person ie chartered accountant and as we are bound by client confidentiality I would be in position to check the validity, without then coming on here and spilling the beans. To be honest it was more for a "shut up or put up" motive from my perspective because there is no way legit takeover documents would be leaked to anyone 

Takeovers..

If the was ever a more banal subject to create such a frenzy

People want a takeover - any takeover by anybody based anywhere - as long as its a takeover

They then make a lot of assumptions about the takeover

That they will invest squillions and squillions - that they will respect and keep our heritage and tradition - that they won't change our name - that they won't change our colours - that they won't move our ground and perhaps most pertinently won't move the club.

Qatar have got the world cup - they want top class football and around the world that often means the premiership (more of that later) - but they maybe won't settle for having the matches on their telly - or an exhibition match now and again against some global mega club they have paid millions for the privilege of hosting against their select team whatever...

But maybe they want the fabled 39th match - or maybe they want a round of matches - or they possibly even want their own bona fide premiership club based in Qatar. That would take money - lots of money

They have money - lots and lots of money

Now lets say their entry into this world would be to buy a club in England - get promoted to the premier (if not already there) then ship the franchise off to Qatar - they don't need a regular crowd of diehard fans honed through generations of family passing the baton down through the ages like a prized heirloom - they don't even need the riches of premier money

It can't happen you say?

Well, it wasn't that long ago that anybody would have thought India would be able to attract the VERY best cricket players on the planet to play in their domestic league.

It comes down to money ultimately - and when the big money calls then the FA and premier league start crumbling. Look at how many people have failed the "fit and proper person" test - then look at how many people have been hideously unsuitable for running some of the clubs over here.

Everybody wants a Chelsea or City type takeover - but deep down knows there are far more Pompey's, Luton's, Forests, Leeds et al than there are City.

Now, the premiership - universally mocked and ridiculed on here - yet many of the same detractors will stamp their feet and bawl like babies that we aren't chucking multi millions (that we don't have) at chasing the very thing they purport to despise.

I suppose most people would right now settle for being a Sunderland or Stoke in terms of their position - but we all know that starting every season with almost the only aim of not getting relegated would not be an attractive prospect - putting out weakened teams in the FA Cup to preserve ridiculously overpaid players to play at Palace in the league?

Then the moaning starts that we need investment - that we need better players - that so-and-so tinpot FC get small crowds but they're doing better and how can they get more money when our crowds and HUGE and their crowds are tiny - and if the current owners aren't willing/able to put the cash up then they should sell to somebody who will blah blah blah

Great...

So as fanciful as you may find the above - its worth bearing in mind

I might well be in a tiny minority but i don't mind the solid yet unspectacular progress we are seeing under MM.

I'd prefer us to take our time, develop the club sustainably and organically so we can develop a model that survives the short term lunacy that current football has become.

It's going to get worse now there is a serious rival to Sky - the next contracts will be eye watering even by current standards - Sky is no longer going to be the market leader in football and it NEEDS to get that crown back

But all this income immediately turns to outgoings as the wealth is tipped into the pockets of players and agents - so the law of diminishing returns rules - ever more money needed just to stand still.

Be careful what you wish for

A good post and no apologies for re-showing it...

Scram's post is good for highlgihting the risk of a new owner, but I'd rather Milan found the investor now than it gets to a point where he has to sell- or even is no longer around to sell- and have us go to whoever offers the best price at the time. He wants to leave, he won't be here forever- whoever comes in is a risk, but at some point we will have to take that risk either way. If Milan says he'll pick someone who is going to look after us long-term, I think we have to trust him.