SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

It looks like JH was working for SWFC, contracted to find an investor who meets MMs set requirements.

Whether MM has decide that these are not right/proper people for SWFC or negotiations are slow, JH will want paying for completing his job to the set objectives. Whereas, MM won't want to pay someone for finding an investor that he doesn't get cash from.

If this is the case, I can understand why JH would go public, and can also understand why MM would be angry about that.

Guest conisbrough

Agree entirely  with Grandad's  #746 post. would just add think Hope may have been trying to put frightners on other possible bids as usually what Qatari's want they get, also probably using young guy on here to add fuel to fire.

Some how feel more comfortable after thi episode than before, which was not the situation for previous takeover stories.

It looks like JH was working for SWFC, contracted to find an investor who meets MMs set requirements.

Whether MM has decide that these are not right/proper people for SWFC or negotiations are slow, JH will want paying for completing his job to the set objectives. Whereas, MM won't want to pay someone for finding an investor that he doesn't get cash from.

If this is the case, I can understand why JH would go public, and can also understand why MM would be angry about that.

I was confused about his role- it seems from his quotes that he was searching for investors to fit a bill on behalf of the club, but then the SSN article said he was fronting the consortium.

If it is the former, he's very lucky to get that role based on his previous record.

Also from that I reckon YP reporter has just read Owlstalk.

Guest Deleted member

I would be very surprised had he been working for the club. The whole world knows that Wednesday are for sale.

Was he "Working" for Mandaric though?...He simply says he was working to fulfill Mandarics requirements.

All you have to know is the requirements...then you "Tout" what you have found...and offer it...

Its all a bit vague

Sorry nige...posted while you were ...same thing tho

Edited by asteener1867

Maybe his role is confused... Starts off working for SWFC, then finds an investor who promises him a senior/CEO role in club after takeover???

time will tell. but ill bet he was neither employed by Wednesday, or heading up any serious investors

the guys got form for this, he's more of a fantasist than anything else

I would be very surprised had he been working for the club. The whole world knows that Wednesday are for sale.

Don't know what his requirements are though.. beyond 'have money'...

Maybe that's the requirement he's filled.

Don't think it quite works like this. There's more to getting investment than sitting back and relying on this sentiment. Presumably a seller wants to generate interest and competition to get the best return on many levels (cash, ongoing commitment to the club etc. etc.). There's no doubt it's a little more complicated than sticking something on ebay

Mystery man did say that he has been "authorised" to release these leaks.... now the question is who "authorised" these? The Qatari group? maybe to test the waters with fans on opinions of them, to drum up interest, to scare off other potential groups interested.

Or was this "authorised" by Milan and is now acting as if he is annoyed but knowing the shrewd business man that Milan is then this might be a double bluff tactic! He's hardly gonna come out and say "yup, it was me, as such, that authorised this"

Someone has had to tell mystery man and given him the go ahead to post this info... who though?? 

Guest Deleted member

Or maybe it was Jonathon Hope who authorised him - given it was also Hope that was quoted by Sky

Thats assuming that Mysteryman isn't Jonathan Hope

Or maybe it was Jonathon Hope who authorised him - given it was also Hope that was quoted by Sky

Thats assuming that Mysteryman isn't Jonathan Hope

Also a possibility, but if JH is supposedly fronting the Qatari group then surely he wouldn't act without their permission? Especially if he wants his slice of the commission pie! I bet he can't even take a dump without their permission!

Mystery man did say that he has been "authorised" to release these leaks.... now the question is who "authorised" these? The Qatari group? maybe to test the waters with fans on opinions of them, to drum up interest, to scare off other potential groups interested.

Or was this "authorised" by Milan and is now acting as if he is annoyed but knowing the shrewd business man that Milan is then this might be a double bluff tactic! He's hardly gonna come out and say "yup, it was me, as such, that authorised this"

Someone has had to tell mystery man and given him the go ahead to post this info... who though?? 

I think it was..............

TISWAS_-_FLAN_FLINGER_MENS_WHT_cu_4.jpg

................................................................ The Phantom Flan Flinger !!