Antonio , Buxton .

Guest Big Guns

I was talking to Buxton last Saturday he said "he hopes to back in a fortnight"

cant see any way back for buxton now

hes back up for palmer thats all

Guest Big Guns

Still trying to work out why any so called fan would post anything so ridiculous,

exactly i could understand it if he was on about chris lines or purse or summat but not antonio whos carried us for the past two years

We bought him as a striker, he scores as many goals as he gets crosses in... Certainly not suggesting he's a poacher, but could play a bit deeper.

True, although we bought Reda as a centre half and Helan as a winger, its since become clear they are better suited to other things.

Not saying Maguire couldn't do a job up front, but he does his best work coming in off the wings, gives the side a good shape and has been working brilliantly with the full back, just my own opinion but I'd rather he stayed there, think he'll have a much bigger influence on the game.

Antonio will be in juan matas shoes like at chelsea a change in form and formation so he will have to fit in with the way we play now apart from selling him of course. He should fit into team just fine , his dip in form was due to jones

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Bald Owl

I'd be happy to see both back fully match fit, I like Palmer but he's not a right back he gets drawn to the central defender too much leaving loads of space, however he has done a reasonable stand in for Buxton with nobody else available.Even a part fit Antonio is better than Maghoma if ever he was to beat a player I'd be amazed. Nowhere near good enough and offers very little.

We're in a Cup run and will be playing a lot of midweek games. Hopefully we'll go past Charlton and there's going to be a lot of Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday runs coming up, if folk think we can get through that with the same eleven every game then they're barking. Yes the right back shirt is Palmer's to loose but to suddenly think he'll be ever present between now and May is daft. Buxton can play in a number of positions as can Antonio. It's axiomatic that it'll be great to have them back.

There's plenty of concern about Mahgoma, surely having Antonio breathing down his neck can only be a good thing and frankly, the idea of Maguire and an in form Antonio swapping wings throughout a game is mouth watering.

True, although we bought Reda as a centre half and Helan as a winger, its since become clear they are better suited to other things.

Not saying Maguire couldn't do a job up front, but he does his best work coming in off the wings, gives the side a good shape and has been working brilliantly with the full back, just my own opinion but I'd rather he stayed there, think he'll have a much bigger influence on the game.

Fair point about Reda and Helan, and I'd rather see Maguire on the wing too, but given our current striker crisis, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a couple of games upfront to at least see how he goes.

We're in a Cup run and will be playing a lot of midweek games. Hopefully we'll go past Charlton and there's going to be a lot of Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday runs coming up, if folk think we can get through that with the same eleven every game then they're barking. Yes the right back shirt is Palmer's to loose but to suddenly think he'll be ever present between now and May is daft. Buxton can play in a number of positions as can Antonio. It's axiomatic that it'll be great to have them back.

There's plenty of concern about Mahgoma, surely having Antonio breathing down his neck can only be a good thing and frankly, the idea of Maguire and an in form Antonio swapping wings throughout a game is mouth watering.

This this this.

We're at a point in the season where squad depth is important, players pick up niggles and if they're not rested then those niggles turn into long term injuries.

The likes of Lee, Coke, Afobe, Mattock have all recently recovered from injuries which have had them out for lengthy spells. Last thing we want to be doing is aggravating these injuries.

Playing the same 11 over and over again isn't going to be an option. Not even the best teams keep the same 11 when they've got Tuesday/Saturday games for weeks on end.