Antonio , Buxton .

Guest JonTheOwl66

Funny how players get injured for so long

I played semi-pro Saturday and a pub team thug league on the Sunday.

Only ever injured twice no longer than 2 weeks.

I know it's not the same intensity, but still, some players appear really fragile.

Silly comparison.

Bucko is back in first team training, Antonio miles off.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Anyone else hoping Antonio gets another injury setback on his road to recovery?

Glad to hear Buxtons nearly fit, our best player. 

No, because he's one of our best players and will improve the team upon his return.

But then, you're the guy who thinks he's got a mental illness right?

Don't understand any of this

We don't really need Buxton back at the moment ( good to have options of course ) but getting Antonio back could be key towards the end of the season

Guest JonTheOwl66

Don't understand any of this

We don't really need Buxton back at the moment ( good to have options of course ) but getting Antonio back could be key towards the end of the season

He really hates Michail. Can remember him saying he was mentally messed up at one stage. That's the reason for his post.

We all have players we aren't fans of in fairness.

But in a team that struggles for goals and creativity with the exception of Maguire, personally I can't wait to see a bloke who scored 10 goals and I assume created a similar amount last season come back into the squad

Antonio is still our best winger by far. I don't care what anyone else says on that.

Of the JJ, Maghoma, Helan style wingers he is streets ahead,  Maguire on the other hand is a different type of winger and imo the type we have been crying out for ( I'd be disappointed if we played him up front now )  the 2 of them in the same team should provide a good balance and a genuine threat, look forward to seeing it happen.

Guest JonTheOwl66

We all have players we aren't fans of in fairness.

But in a team that struggles for goals and creativity with the exception of Maguire, personally I can't wait to see a bloke who scored 10 goals and I assume created a similar amount last season come back into the squad

Of the JJ, Maghoma, Helan style wingers he is streets ahead,  Maguire on the other hand is a different type of winger and imo the type we have been crying out for ( I'd be disappointed if we played him up front now )  the 2 of them in the same team should provide a good balance and a genuine threat, look forward to seeing it happen.

I'll reiterate my opinion on Antonio - he encourages a far too one dimensional style of play. It's long ball for him to chase past the fullback. 

Our football improves with him out the team. He needs to add more to his game than just pace to oust Maghoma + Maguire currently.

The sooner Buxton is back the better.

The injury crisis at centre half is what concerns me most going into the end of the campaign and Buxton would provide excellent back up in that department.

Cannot understand why anyone wouldn't want Antonio fit given that he's one of our most promising players and that his form at the beginning of the season was clearly a case of a young lad feeling the pressure of playing out of position in a struggling side and being expected to learn the role on the job quickly, and score goals.

I'll reiterate my opinion on Antonio - he encourages a far too one dimensional style of play. It's long ball for him to chase past the fullback. 

Our football improves with him out the team. He needs to add more to his game than just pace to oust Maghoma + Maguire currently.

I like Maghoma, but he too needs to add a bit more to his game, looks natural with the ball though and I'm sure after a year or so at this level he'll be a different player

Agree re. Antonio to some extent, he also tends to get figured out a bit too easily, mainly because its drop the shoulder and run down the outside of the full back or nothing, needs to be willing to mix things up a bit.

When he's on though, can't argue with his results.

we're all glad that Buxton's nearly fit but you're on your own with the other one. Antonio will be a different player under Gray as are most of the team. Got a good feeling he's going to come back and perform well

Add me to another one who doesn't get this.

Why on Earth would we hope Antonio has a setback? Clearly the best natural winger at the club on his day, can play up front too and the lad always seems to give his all. Another player to suffer under the idiocy of DJ.

I want all our players fit and I really like Buxton. That said, Palmer has played to such a standard we aren't desperate for his return.

Out of the two right now I would wish Antonio a speedier return purely based on the needs of the team.

Guest BradOwl97

Antonio has been poor this season, his only good performance was against reading.

Buxton wont get in ahead of palmer. palmer has been great this season