Afobe

Guest Builderjones123

Thought he showed some good signs but looked to tire early inthe second half. Could be a threat when he finds the pace and his fitness in this league.

That said we still need another striker in, Nuhiu didnt loo interested to me today and thats the first time i have not defended him.

Guest Sheff Owl

I thought he was ok, looked lively, won a few headers.

His first touch sometimes wasn't great but probably just rusty.

Looked to shoot even if it was in tight positions.

More to come i reckon.

Looked lively and decent on the ball, very quick. Would work brilliantly next to Wickham!

This

Played a few balls into good areas but we don't have the strikers to finish it.

He was unlucky with the diving header in the first half too.

He occasionally linked up well with Nuhiu but you can see he'll need time to establish a relationship with whoever he plays with. 

His footwork seemed good, he wasn't bad in the air and he's not afraid to drop deeper to pick up the ball.

He offers something different to what we have right now and could form a dangerous partnership with Wickham which could make defenders in this league cack themselves.

Alternatively he may not be able to hit a barn door and be better off as an attacking midfielder or being pushed out wide (he spent a bit of time on the left during the game).

Glad to have him on board from what we saw today tho, he's definitely got some potential in there

Afobe added a new dimension the first 30 minutes today, someone who could actually get in behind. Unfortunately the red card and subsequent deep defending stopped any of this afterwards

If we get Wickham I'll be confident of safety. Two young quality players who are best mates and should compliment each other really well.

Afobe added a new dimension the first 30 minutes today, someone who could actually get in behind. Unfortunately the red card and subsequent deep defending stopped any of this afterwards

If we get Wickham I'll be confident of safety. Two young quality players who are best mates and should compliment each other really well.

You know, that's well and good but we will look at Wickham as the big man...but it's not his game

For me, that's why Nuhiu and Wickham works so well

i thought he looked alright, got the ball took off him a couple of times and seemed very much like a player whos been turning out for arsenal u21s. seemed strong enough to deal with the championsip and has a bit of pace about him. didnt hit it off with nuhiu in my opinion but nuhiu is on a different wave length at the moment and could probably do with meeting someone like berbatov and getting a few tips about adapting to english football. i think nuhiu once he finds his feet will turn out to be a good signing i just hope we dont offload him at the end of the season.

Benik Afobe ‏@BenikAfobe931m

Great 1-0 win today in the derby! Pleased with the team and my debut performance although I tired in the end. Up the table we go!

Benik Afobe ‏@BenikAfobe931m

Fans were great today! Kept cheering us til the very last minute and believed we could get the winner. Made me feel welcome at the #MASSIVE

said massive. Already a hero