another one..

Well though it's frustrating we can only hope that the time it's taking means that they are going through a proper process and looking at people on merit rather than making a rush job.

Non of the names really inspire confidence.

The one who is well down the odds and no one seems to have mentioned much is Mark Robins.

I know his 'name' probably doesn't excite people but his career win ratio of 40% is very high compared to the others.

And.... this was acheived at struggling clubs.

He's also built up a reputation for saving clubs from the drop.

Hauked Rotherham from the relegation zone  after a 17pt deduction to nearly gaining promotion in the same year.

Then repeated the trick at Barnsley.

Probably best of all taking Coventry from the bottom to just outside the play offs when they looked all but doomed and were on the verge of going under.

These situations make his career win ratio even more impressive.

He's young and gained a positive reputation with fans and players at all his clubs on a shoestring.

I fear though that he won't be 'big' enough to quench our unsatisfiable desire to get a 'name'.

Or that we could afford to pay compensation.

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Well though it's frustrating we can only hope that the time it's taking means that they are going through a proper process and looking at people on merit rather than making a rush job.

Non of the names really inspire confidence.

The one who is well down the odds and no one seems to have mentioned much is Mark Robins.

I know his 'name' probably doesn't excite people but his career win ratio of 40% is very high compared to the others.

He's also built up a reputation for saving clubs from the drop.

Hauked Rotherham from the relegation zone  after a 17pt deduction to nearly gaining promotion in the same year.

Then repeated the trick at Barnsley.

Probably best of all taking Coventry from the bottom to just outside the play offs when they looked all but doomed and were on the verge of going under.

These situations make his career win ratio even more impressive.

He's young and gained a positive reputation with fans and players at all his clubs on a shoestring.

I fear though that he won't be 'big' enough to quench our unsatisfiable desire to get a 'name'.

Or that we could afford to pay compensation.

Just one problem with all of the above why would he want to leave the job he's got now to come to us?.

Just one problem with all of the above why would he want to leave the job he's got now to come to us?.

Exactly. A real shame in my eyes.

Find myself clinging to remote areas of positivity. Like him still living around here after playing for us at the end of his career and managing the dingles and millers.

Sadly, huddersfield are a much more stable club. - (that said I still find myself shaking my head they gave Clark the boot after 1 defeat in 43 and gave the job to Grayson)

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I think he would - wouldnt you?

Any manager currently in employment or a manager who will find it reasonably easy to find a job such as Holloway, would surely be very cautious to come to a club here the Chairman is actively trying to sell - not a lot of job security.

You ansered your own question from another thread, why would he leave job security at Yeovil to come here and be gone in less than a year more than likely.

FWIW i think He would be a great appointment though, but wont happen.

Not really what we need is he?

People are aware we won't spend money, so are rightly saying we need somebody who has proven that he can work well within a tight budget and get the best from the players available to him.

First name that comes into my head there is Gary Johnson.

Agreed. I'd take him like a shot. Suspect that even if we were prepared to pay compensation for him, though, he'd see as as being like trying to catch a falling knife.

Would take Johnson as well. Yeovil may be struggling, but he's got them playing out of their skins. But would he relocate?