Dave Jones: In or Out?

Dave Jones: In or Out?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

• IN - Dave's not become a bad manager overnight, he'll turn us around.
    • NOT SURE - We've been disappointing, but he should be given more time, and there's realistically no better managers available.
    • OUT - Enough is enough, time to go.

ok you win as i don't want my windows smashing with the ironbrew gang.

Yew I know I've won.

I feel sorry that you've come to expect stuff like that. Can't say I'm surprised. It's a common occurrence on council estates.

well yes u would as you live on 1.

and it's yes not yew.too much ironbrew again is it.

Ha.

I'd hate to be considered in the same social class as someone like you.

Cretin.

No idea what the last sentence says.

Guest Tomboss

The strategy for the last 15 seasons has been to sack managers when the going gets tough. Thats lead us to being a championship/league 1 yo-yo team. How about going for a different strategy to try and stop this trend?

If we go down with DJ in charge, im confident we'll come straight back up, with a better chance of achieving in the championship. Another manager comes in and it will be all change around the club...again. Dont forget last time we were in this situation, we replaced brian laws with alan irvine. Yes we saw a lift in short term results, but ultimately we went down.

So, do we want to go down the same road as we have don for the last 15 years or do we want to do something different in hope of a change in our medium-long term future?

Edited by Tomboss

The strategy for the last 15 seasons has been to sack managers when the going gets tough. Thats lead us to being a championship/league 1 yo-yo team. How about going for a different strategy to try and stop this trend?

If we go down with DJ in charge, im confident we'll come straight back up, with a better chance of achieving in the championship. Another manager comes in and it will be all change around the club...again. Dont forget last time we were in this situation, we replaced brian laws with alan irvine. Yes we saw a lift in short term results, but ultimately we went down.

So, do we want to go down the same road as we have don for the last 15 years or do we want to do something different in hope of a change in our medium-long term future?

I agree with you about the chopping and changing of manager's not being the right thing in the past - I think the whole set of circumstances is different with DJ.

He has been given time to put his own squad of players together with more at his disposal than Laws and Irvine had - it just simply has not worked for him and I wish it had as I genuinely thought we had a manager capable of really taking us on to the next level.

I cannot question the signings he has made for the club, I think when we all look at the likes of Kirkland, Maguire, Gardner, Antonio - they have improved the overall quality of players here - he just cannot get them playing the right way consistently enough week in week out.

The bad turns in form last season were excusable in some ways - he eventually turned it around - this season we are a club devoid of ideas on the pitch and off it.

There may be more going on than we know about given the rumoured takeover and questioning of as to whether MM wanted to pump more money into the playing side - the takeover boat has now sailed and it just looks and feels dire.

As paying fans we cannot keep being given false hope over what will happen in the future - I don't blame MM & DJ for that as I genuinely think we have a chairman who actually does give a sh.it about his investment.

I blame DJ for the lack of fight both on and off the pitch - as a fan of the club for over 25 years I just cannot stomach that when it happens and he has to go.

Out, unfortunately

I think he's a decent manager, and will do a decent job somewhere else

But the manner of our recent defeats means I'm voting for a change

I don't, I think he's lost it.

Lost all enthusiasm he ever had. Lost it at Cardiff mainly, regained a little during our promotion but that was just temporary.

Listen to the guy on interviews now, how can talking like that ever make a successful manager! Would that motivate, give you confidence, really make you know your job if you were a player? The guy's a shadow of his former self.

I don't, I think he's lost it.

Lost all enthusiasm he ever had. Lost it at Cardiff mainly, regained a little during our promotion but that was just temporary.

Listen to the guy on interviews now, how can talking like that ever make a successful manager! Would that motivate, give you confidence, really make you know your job if you were a player? The guy's a shadow of his former self.

Just out of interest, how much attention did you pay to other interviews throughout his career?

Lost the plot for me as early as last season when he turned 3pts into a loss at home to Bristol City.

Then there was his stubborness in continuing to play Bothroyd and Taylor.

But the nail in the coffin was his inability to wave his arms about, and shout, on the touchline, and not wearing a tie.

Bottom ones been my grievance since he got appointed. No passion. Disgraceful.

lol