Dave Jones: In or Out?

Dave Jones: In or Out?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

• IN - Dave's not become a bad manager overnight, he'll turn us around.
    • NOT SURE - We've been disappointing, but he should be given more time, and there's realistically no better managers available.
    • OUT - Enough is enough, time to go.

Guest tha_knows

Although I dont think hes been backed reasonable by Milan, with the tools at his disposal Jones has failed miserably,thats why he needs to go. Personally, as iv said in other threads he should have gone last season after the Watford defeat at Hillsborough.His tactics have neither a plan A or plan B, what players he has brought in the majority have been well below average. His sheer ignorance and stubborn attitude towards every result is what really angers me. It's sad to see this tho, after the joys of the promotion season, two years later he has lost total respect and backing from I'd say 90/95% of the supporters, if he's not careful soon Mandaric will be in exactly the same boat as Jones in regards to a relationship with the fans.

I agree with you about the chopping and changing of manager's not being the right thing in the past - I think the whole set of circumstances is different with DJ.

He has been given time to put his own squad of players together with more at his disposal than Laws and Irvine had - it just simply has not worked for him and I wish it had as I genuinely thought we had a manager capable of really taking us on to the next level.

I cannot question the signings he has made for the club, I think when we all look at the likes of Kirkland, Maguire, Gardner, Antonio - they have improved the overall quality of players here - he just cannot get them playing the right way consistently enough week in week out.

The bad turns in form last season were excusable in some ways - he eventually turned it around - this season we are a club devoid of ideas on the pitch and off it.

There may be more going on than we know about given the rumoured takeover and questioning of as to whether MM wanted to pump more money into the playing side - the takeover boat has now sailed and it just looks and feels dire.

As paying fans we cannot keep being given false hope over what will happen in the future - I don't blame MM & DJ for that as I genuinely think we have a chairman who actually does give a sh.it about his investment.

I blame DJ for the lack of fight both on and off the pitch - as a fan of the club for over 25 years I just cannot stomach that when it happens and he has to go.

a very good response to a good original post.

I really want us to find our Wenger and I thought it might be Jones. Sadly, it probably should have been meggo.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I agree with you about the chopping and changing of manager's not being the right thing in the past - I think the whole set of circumstances is different with DJ.

He has been given time to put his own squad of players together with more at his disposal than Laws and Irvine had - it just simply has not worked for him and I wish it had as I genuinely thought we had a manager capable of really taking us on to the next level.

I cannot question the signings he has made for the club, I think when we all look at the likes of Kirkland, Maguire, Gardner, Antonio - they have improved the overall quality of players here - he just cannot get them playing the right way consistently enough week in week out.

The bad turns in form last season were excusable in some ways - he eventually turned it around - this season we are a club devoid of ideas on the pitch and off it.

There may be more going on than we know about given the rumoured takeover and questioning of as to whether MM wanted to pump more money into the playing side - the takeover boat has now sailed and it just looks and feels dire.

As paying fans we cannot keep being given false hope over what will happen in the future - I don't blame MM & DJ for that as I genuinely think we have a chairman who actually does give a sh.it about his investment.

I blame DJ for the lack of fight both on and off the pitch - as a fan of the club for over 25 years I just cannot stomach that when it happens and he has to go.

Are you a whack job??  Of course we can question his signings.  lets take a look

Good: Gardner, Roger Johnson, Kirkland (then he even goes and drops him)...Wickham and Fryatt too, but short loans are hard to count.

Ok: Antonio, Lee

Garbage or not used: Maguire, Nuhiu, Zayatte, Mattock, Davies, McCabe, Helan, Maghoma, Mayor, Pecnik, Rodri...the list goes on...ANYONE can get two or three right.  he is absolutely WOEFUL in the transfer market and even worse at getting his players geed up.

DJ OUT DJ OUT DJ OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest firewall

Out. Should have gone last year.

On reflection we were building okay before he came, even though it may have meant another year in Division 1 - that we will never know.  He should never have come.

Edited by firewall

Guest tomowl85

I was undecided up till the Yeovil game. I wanted it to work as I believed he was the most accomplished manager we have had recently. That second half against Yeovil changed my mind and its only got worse since then. OUT unfortunately. 

Well Jones says only a handful of fans want him out so.....

Well that handfull have quite loud voices attend games as it was very vocal on Saturday and that usually is no way back for a manager when your regular paying customers want change. It spreads to the players, the directors and leaves an uncertainty around the place with the anticipation of change.

The strategy for the last 15 seasons has been to sack managers when the going gets tough. Thats lead us to being a championship/league 1 yo-yo team. How about going for a different strategy to try and stop this trend?

If we go down with DJ in charge, im confident we'll come straight back up, with a better chance of achieving in the championship. Another manager comes in and it will be all change around the club...again. Dont forget last time we were in this situation, we replaced brian laws with alan irvine. Yes we saw a lift in short term results, but ultimately we went down.

So, do we want to go down the same road as we have don for the last 15 years or do we want to do something different in hope of a change in our medium-long term future?

You keep reducing your level of what's acceptable at this football club and any outcome however unpalatable will be a success..

Have you been trained as a divorce lawyer by any chance?

I've not voted as yet.

What I will say is..............Who on earth is available who could come in and do a job here, really?

It's ok voting in or out, but who ACTUALLY knows the full ins and outs of what is happening down at S6.

If the problems are solely down to DJ, then fair enough, he needs to step aside, but we all know it isn't solely down to him, don't we.

Would any of you want to manage a club where your requirements were either modified, denied or interfered with, and then have to put up with all the flak? I don't think so.

What about sacking some of the players then? Those who have been poo week in and week out. Ok, so they are DJ's players, but when you consider the Reading performance and a few ONE half performances in some games, they've shown they have the ability.

Don't think for one minute I'm sticking up for him, I'm just trying to look at both sides.

After the Reading performance, he rightly so picked the same side for Derby, and I'm sure he didn't see that coming after the previous week, yet he was given a right going over after. If he'd have made three or four changes for the Derby game and had the same result, he'd have been hammered from pillar to post for making them, so he can't win.

As we don't work there or see the team on a daily basis, we'll probably never know the full extent of what's going on, but don't think for one minute that a new manager would come in and completely turn things around, because he won't.

Could it turn out to be better the devil you know.......................we'll wait and see, because at the end of the day, it's the three points every Saturday we all want, however we come by them.

Only my opinion chaps, I'm as pissed off as all the rest with our current status, and I certainly wouldn't like to be in Milan's shoes right now.

UTO.

Guest the lollipop guild

OUT OUT OUT, Just get out of my club. 1,700 pissed up owls on sat could be intresting...... jones out chants long overdue, he`s the luckiest manager i have ever known !!!

Something has to change. Unfortunately there's no chance of changing the players and no chance of change in the boardroom management is the only place we can change anything

Edited by aj_owl

Out.  Nobody wants to change managers as often as we have and for that reason I have hoped, until now, he can turn it round.  But I don't believe he will ever be a successful manager at a good level again.  Our squad is not the greatest but a good manager could easily make sure we were hard to beat, competitive on our day and at least mid-table.  And it's clear he is going through the motions - if he ever had energy and commitment to a cause it's gone.  Oh and Dave, your PR is awful - have some respect for this football club.

Edited by September65

The debate has shifted from who could we get that is better than Jones to who could we get that can do any worse.

Awful transfer policy and has wasted just about all the funds that Milan has given him.

I almost think any one of us could have led the team to at least one win this season if we were in charge!