2 Games in and it's clear as the day is long

As per title, as well as we played Saturday, was all undone today by what can truly be described as woeful. If there were doubts where we needed additions, they are glaringly obvious now. Midfield general who can control the game, (possibly 2) as today McCabe proved he s definitely not ready and dutton huffed and puffed with no end result. And we need another striker desperately. Nuhiu, IMO will be a quality signing, but he needs someone to work with. Madine for me, isn't good enough. Control, work rate, poor, can't work the keeper and the attempt late on jut summed him up - woeful. The ball finished where he should be sat.

Plenty of work

Prutton (not dutton) bloody spell checks, sorry

At least get these woeful inadequacies out in the open now while there's still time to change things instead of like last season where we thought we hit the jackpot in August when we went unbeaten, then lost every game for the next two months.

It's so obvious. I can't believe we haven't addressed it already however I know we are trying to do so.

I'll review this again once the window has shut to see whether we actually have the quality in these positions that would give us a solid season. I am not so confident the cheque book will allow that.

Nuhiu will be a quality signing your having a laugh he may not be fully fit fair do but in just over  45 minutes i saw enough to describe him as a inept donkey.

Didn't you see him in a pre-season friendly against Chesterfield?

Nuhiu will be a quality signing your having a laugh he may not be fully fit fair do but in just over  45 minutes i saw enough to describe him as a inept donkey.

Strikers need a creative midfield to give them balls, our midfield right now is none existent and with our plenty of injuries in defence as well we got nothing to give to Nuhiu

Nuhiu will be a quality signing your having a laugh he may not be fully fit fair do but in just over 45 minutes i saw enough to describe him as a inept donkey.

He is not a target man! I hate it when people think a big lad is, ie crouch. His touch was good today, apart from one in first half....he doesn't run around like a lunatic but he brings others into play.

If a striker doesn't run around like a lunatic Wednesday fans don't rate them....tbh myself included traditionally....loved Andy Booth

I'm not normally one for jumping on the knee jerk reaction bus, but the return of Buxton and Reda is the only positive I am clinging to at the moment.

It is clear that the squad is not strong enough. I am not suggesting it is awful, just needs some additions.

UTO :biggrin:

2 new CMs and a new striker, and getting Bux and Reda back from injury and I think we'll have a decent team. Our bench is what worries me, full of League 1ers so any injuries that we get we're foooked.

Edited by OwlLuke

I think the fact that tonight we had our 3rd choice full backs playing shows our problem tbh, when Buxton and read are back the team wi be totally different

but they're not fit to play for a while, why cant we bring in a left/right back for 1 month that can actually play football

Guest Distraught!

If inept donkeys can pick the ball up out on the wing, cut inside and then drill a shot into the bottom corner of the net from the edge of the area, I say bring it on. More inept donkeys please!

but they're not fit to play for a while, why cant we bring in a left/right back for 1 month that can actually play football

Rather focus on us getting some decent CMs and a striker first before transfer window shuts, won't be great but can live without our full backs for a few weeks

Guest 5512uto

Didn't listen to all of the game but from what I heard it sounded like once again we've been left with a midfield with little creativity and so resorted to hoofing it, the fact we gave prutton and coke new contracts suggests its an area we aren't going to invest much in, so the pressure on mccabe this season will be intense

we know what we need and have done since promotion ,but the question is do the people that matter because without their input we might as well struggle on and hope we have enough to limp over the line at the end of the season again ,

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

Not to suggest we don't need strengthening, but, I think sometimes we as fans think its a matter of just turning up- whether we are a good or bad side, sometimes the opposition are better.

One loss against a team that played well, scored two worldys and all of a sudden we are sh*t again.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Agree 100 % re full backs, count on 1 hand ( maybe 1 finger) how many times our fb's overlapped and gave an option. That being said no one really moved tonight

Nuhiu isn't a target man, watch his movement, watch his 1st touch when to feet. It,s not all about blood and thunder. (Gary take note)

Inept Donkeys do not score goals like the one he did at QPR . 

45 mins are you a scout ?? 

I just don't get how we can repeat the mistakes of last season.

Sorry, but DJ, Milan and our CEO need to shake their heads, and sort this out quickly.

I don't care if you are looking to sell the club Milan, sort it out. Another 10 game losing run is not acceptable.

Remeber the w##k fest after Rodri put a half decent 45 minutes in against Brum last season and people were going way over board.I'll stick my neck out now and say Nuhiu to be a big flop Maghoma not to cut it at this level Zayette to be only a slight improvement if any on Llera and Helan to be a watse off money.

unrumbleingbelievable