Centre midfield

We've all been rapping on for ages about how we need a midfield general, yet again it was all too obvious tonight.

But, when was the last time we had a truly effective midfield? I think back to the long lost days of Shezza and Palmer and can't think of anyone even coming near that sort of quality since. Whelan maybe, but even that seems an age ago!

Guest wilyfox

you'll only ever be as good as your midfield. they protect the back four, create the chances for forwards, and keep possession. They run the show - well they should, but for some reason ours don't/can't.

Guest Spitfire

We have no midfield and limited options up front - been clear for a long time but we resign the same two - strange!

When Prutten & Coke signed new deals I knew we had problems. No disrespect to them but they are not what we needed to move on and now MM will ask DJ to move on players to bring in anyone in.

I think Dave Jones, after last season, has settled for Coke and Prutton being number 1 midfielders, which like you say we all knew would be a problem as we need better players to progress. Having Coke and Prutton as our midfield pairing stinks of the "cheap option"

we need a midfield general who's gonna ruffle a few feathers or one that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing

Barton - although he is a prized pillock would have been a great addition to our central midfield

Edited by Hack-Abusi