Just Got Back- Can't BELIEVE the negativity on here.

Guest Arseowl

On a more negative note though.. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game that we lost as much as that today.

There are a few numpties spouting the usual crap, but by and large I think most people would agree with your assessment.

I guess I must have just seen a lot of these responses when I first came on earlier.

Looking around, you guys are right...it is mostly positive on here.

Oh, apart from Neil who has just PM'd me this:

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

People dishing out 4's and 5's in some of the ratings threads?

Crazy if you ask me.

The only player who deserved a 4 today was one of theirs- Karl Henry- who was awful.

They have every entitlement to dish out 4 and 5s when they haven't been.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

I actually think Owls Talk has been fairly positive tonight. Think we can all see the lads put a decent performance in.

I think the only negative was the Antonio miss. Wish it had been Antonio passing to JJ.

The reaction has been quite positive, the odd groan on Twitter but surprisingly Owls Talk has been relatively positive.

Let's face it, if this performance couldn't draw some positivity from you all then nothing ever will.

It's not the finished article just yet - it's still work in progress with some minor fine tuning needed. Maybe the massive calls for transfers left right and centre wasn't needed and Jones actually felt comfortable & capable with his squad at this level?

I like to try and give you a different viewpoint, yous are passionately effected by the club. I'm not. Jones, Mandaric and the side come in for some intense criticism on this forum at times but the boys did the football club proud today, as did the supporters. It's important that today is used as a spring board for the season - the bar has been set. If we can get performances similar to these then I have the feeling that this season can be a good one after-all.

No doubt after typing this, you'll lose on Tuesday and the whole world shall be caving in but that's football.

Guest duggyowl7

ngl i have also not seen ANY negativity what's so ever. It's as if you're using it as an excuse to give a great morale boosting speech lol which i am not hindering what so ever 

The only negative thing for me today was how little the spice boys of the Twitter generation did to change things when they got the chance.

If your going to do it early twenties isn't too young time to.turn potential into form boys

The reaction has been quite positive, the odd groan on Twitter but surprisingly Owls Talk has been relatively positive.

Let's face it, if this performance couldn't draw some positivity from you all then nothing ever will.

It's not the finished article just yet - it's still work in progress with some minor fine tuning needed. Maybe the MASSIVE calls for transfers left right and centre wasn't needed and Jones actually felt comfortable & capable with his squad at this level?

I like to try and give you a different viewpoint, yous are passionately effected by the club. I'm not. Jones, Mandaric and the side come in for some intense criticism on this forum at times but the boys did the football club proud today, as did the supporters. It's important that today is used as a spring board for the season - the bar has been set. If we can get performances similar to these then I have the feeling that this season can be a good one after-all.

No doubt after typing this, you'll lose on Tuesday and the whole world shall be caving in but that's football.

Make your mind up you're as bad as Dave Jones. :st2:

Guest PrincessWendy

As a Mod I will consider banning myself for 48 hours.

You're not a Mod - you're a Rocker!

Thanks for cheering me up even more. I thought, even though it's only Game Number One, that we showed we have a real chance of making it this season (didn't dare mention the "P" word).

Also, you posted the truth. Work will not seem quite as bad, today.

Bless you

HRH Wendy