Player ratings/summary

Kirkland - 9 - Top Class

Palmer - 5 - Showed Hoillet inside far too much.

Zayatte - 7 - Impressive

Gardner - 6 - Solid enough.

Mattock - 6 - Decent before injury.

JJ - 6 - Quiet.

Prutton - 6 - Better than Coke but lack passing quality.

Coke - 5 - Anonymous.

Helan - 7 - Played well in both positions when he got to grips at left back.

Antonio - 5 - Usually energy but missed a sitter and first touch is woeful at times.

Nuhiu - 7 - Very good first half. Thought he went off at halftime.

Subs:

Maghoma - 6 - looked decent.

Madine - 5 - not much time but still looks weak.

Just posted this on another thread...

Kirlkland - Made some vital saves and kept us in touching distance of an equaliser. Really needs to keep fit like last season if we're to progress 9/10.

Palmer - Grew into the game in the second half after struggling in the first. Unfortunately was up against a real player today in Hoilett who was by far their best player 6/10.

Mattock - Was actually tidy until injury forced him off. Unfortunately the following 5-10 mins was our undoing 6/10.

Zayatte - Impressed me an awful lot and is a proper defender. Maybe tried to do a little too much with the ball at times 8/10

Gardner - Looked good alongside Zayatte but is still a little casual at times in his defending. That's not going to change at his age I suppose 7/10.

Antonio - He's always going to be a threat with pace and power but not his best game. Should have helped Palmer out more in first half and missed a great chance in the second 6/10.

Helan - Gave us shape in the first half when we were in control and in front. Looked ropey at LB until half time but improved in the second half and carried the ball well 6/10.

Coke - He was tidy in the middle but we really need more than he offers if we are to progress 5/10.

Prutton - He was tidy in the middle but we really need more than he offers if we are to progress 6/10.

JJ - Bit on an in out game for him in truth. Nothing particularly outstanding 5/10.

Nuhiu - Clearly not match fit and didn't see much of him in second half as he become isolated. Saw enough in the first half to show he will be a real handful for defences in this league and a threat at set pieces too 7/10.

Maghoma - Looks a threat down the left and could be quite a coup on that evidence. May even be a good choice to play off Nuhiu rather than Antonio. He clearly has more of an eye for goal if last season is anything to go by 7/10.

McCabe - Kept things ticking over when we were pushing near the end but not really enough time to impress 6/10.

Madine - Didn't have long enough to make an impact 5/10.

Well done Wednesday. Plenty to be encouraged with and the weaknesses are apparent and will hopefully be addressed in the near future. I can see us being a real threat come the end of August / beginning of September.

Mattock injury changed the game. Gutted for lad.

We did well today tho. Can't fault em really. Work to do but nowhere near as bad as I expected. Good support as usual.

Agree about Mattock. I just hope that this injury is going to be something he can shake off.

Kirkland - 9 - a top draw keeper only playerwe have whos premier league standard

palmer- 6 - did ok rash tackle for the yellow

zayette - 7 - did ok a lot of composure on the ball an improvement defensively over llera but not the same threat at the other end

gardner - 7 - same as zayette will be plenty good enough for this season

mattock - 7 - was solid before he went off part off our collapse was due to him going off

Antonio -7 - is like the worlds best rugby player playing football will no doubt be brilliant this season but doest have the technique to play at a higher lever

coke - 6 - did a job hard to judge against good opposition

prutton -6- same as coke there our best midfield pairing at the moment but we need better

helan - 6- is a winger now, first 10 minutes at leftback was poor played as a winger and held the ball to much settled in to left back after this.

jj -4- was woeful to be fair and im his biggest fan same as Antonio no composure but we already new this

nuhio - 6 - world class goal but struggled in the air did his job though

maghoma - 6- slotted in well looked a championship standard player.

McCabe -5-  did ok but he is never gonna play regularly for us in the championship though doesn't fit our style at all

madine -5- league 1 player im afraid nothing personal against him did well for us and im happy to have him in the squad but hes the stereotypical modern footballer wouldn't risk a broken leg to score the winner in the champions league final for us.

we'll be fine this season have a squad good enough to stay in the league and with a couple of additions could really push on.

Edited by trask43

Guest dunellaowl

Nunu looks like he could be a real coup when fully fit, think today was all about how qpr handled there first game and we made em work for it especially first half, if we sign a cm and a striker to compliment nunu we wont be far off a good championship side!

Thought zayatte and maghoma were very good and kirkland outstanding!

When we get our fullbacks fit and jj n antonio are firing we could be outsiders!

Dissappointed by the result but quietly confident after that performance!

Qpr will win the league n wigan not far behind, i think we can mix it with these tbh

fans were quality as usual!

Kirkland - 9 - Top Class

Palmer - 6 - Showed Hoillet inside far too much but did ok on his own.
Zayatte - 7 - Impressive
Gardner - 7 - Solid.
Mattock - 6 - Decent before injury.

JJ - 5 - Quiet apart from sitter he set up for antonio
Prutton - 6 - Better than Coke but lack passing quality.
Coke - 5 - Anonymous.
Helan - 7 - Played well in both positions when he got to grips at left back.

Antonio - 5 - breathless after half the half, doesnt track back and left

palmer exposed.  missed a sitter and first touch is woeful at times.
Nuhiu - 7 - Very good first half. Thought he went off at halftime.

Subs:
Maghoma - 6 - looked decent.
Madine - 5 - not much time but still looks weak

box to box centre mid and pacy striker essential to be comfortable

or get anywhere near play offs. antonio and jj arent 90 min players

Edited by Ash77

Antonio and JJ were consistant danger for QPR, and with bit more calmness infront of goal from these two, we could have won it.

Nuhiu showed plenty in first 20 minutes, almost like he didn't play since.

Coke and Prutton never even tried to create anything (apart from that one amazing Prutton's long bass for Antonio), and defendede quite purly as well.

Palmer & Mattock did ok

Kirkland was best player on the pitch by far. Best keeper in the league in fact.

Kirkland - 9

Palmer - 6 - Out of position against one of the best wingers in the league but didn't do bad.
Zayatte - 8 - Beast.
Gardner - 7 - Solid.
Mattock - 7 - Was playing well up until he went off.

JJ - 6 - Weak link today. Nuhiu was doing well to keep hold of the ball, JJ would then lose it.
Prutton - 6 - Solid if unspectacular
Coke - 6 - Did ok, keept the ball well but didn't get involved enough.
Helan - 7 - Played well on the left side of midfield, but struggled at first once moved to LB. Should have attacked the second ball that resulted in Johnson's goal!

Antonio - 7 - Was everywhere. Strong and direct as per. But that sitter he missed  :rolleyes: 
Nuhiu - 8 - Class act. Lacking in fitness but he caused all sorts of problems for their defence, and what a goal! 

Subs:
Maghoma - 7 - Promising debut.
Madine - 5 - He was trying to battle when he came on but still looks off the pace.

Same as Kirklands?

Wind your neck in a bit.

He looked at the team sheet today and wondered what injuries would cause major problems for us, and then proceeded to state they'd happened just before kick-off; first Mattock and then Kirkland.

I imagine he was fapping away whilst Mattock actually did get injured too, getting off at the thought of how we'd face the diversity.

I suppose it's fishing or something ace like that though so I guess I ought to post the DJ smiley so as not to be accused of doing Owlstalk wrong.

He looked at the team sheet today and wondered what injuries would cause major problems for us, and then proceeded to state they'd happened just before kick-off; first Mattock and then Kirkland.

I imagine he was fapping away whilst Mattock actually did get injured too, getting off at the thought of how we'd face the diversity.

I suppose it's fishing or something ace like that though so I guess I ought to post the DJ smiley so as not to be accused of doing Owlstalk wrong.

Or I looked at a Facebook status from someone there who said he'd pulled up...