Player ratings/summary

Kirkland - 9 - Outstanding as per usual

Palmer - 6 - Did as well as we could hope from him

Zayatte - 7 - Solid

Gardner - 7 - Solid

Mattock - 6 - Looked decent (Maghoma - 7 - Impressed by him)

Antonio - 6 - Looked threatening but didn't see enough of the ball

Prutton - 6 - Battled well but not up to QPR's standard

Coke - 6 - Ditto

Helan - 6 - Did well considering he had to move back

JJ - 5 - Didn't get into the game at all

Nuhiu - 7 - QPR couldn't live with him first half, obviously tired

Thought we gave a good account of ourselves. True Kirkland had a number of saves to make, but they have so much quality - if they can keep that team together they'll walk this league.

Need a central midfielder - we can't compete with what we've got at the minute.

Guest wilyfox

if we can sign the right player in CM, we could have a very good season. The injuries to full-backs need sorting - we're down to 3rd choices in both positions. 

Not been, so interested to hear from people who have. But sounded promising, hit post, a couple of pen shouts and some good individual performances.  Not too disappointed as only first game and qpr are miles ahead of us in terms of finance. Looking forward to Burnley now.

Just got back - from watching the stream online...

If I could put my finger on it we got sucker punched then as we got more frustrated we forgot to pass as usual and went hoof ball. Nuhiu was tiring as well so we weren't winning the headers. Positive points are Maghoma looked good, Antonio was everywhere although he should have scored more than once, JJ was a bit quiet by his standards and Helan unfortunately had to revert to left back. Defence was too slow to react and they attacked in numbers so always got to the rebounds. Midfield was ok but not at the same quality as theirs. Fans were fantastic as usual, I didn't hear a single song from the home crowd!

I'd agree with the scores but Helan 7 and Antonio 7 for effort, 6 for end product

Disagree with JJ with a 5, certainly did better than Coke and Prutton, worked hard and was the product of a sweet counter break which would have resulted in a goal if Antonio didn't miss a sitter

I would say JJ 6 and Coke and Prutton 5, otherwise mostly agree

Deffo looked weaker with Helan at Left Back.

The first time I've seen Zayatte, Maghoma & Nuhiu ..... impressed with all 3 in honesty.  Apart from Kirkland I thought they were the best 3 players in our squad.

Coke really went missing for me.  Didn't do much at all.

Hoping Buxton and Reda are back soon.

In the same breath I don't want to think that Reda is automatic first choice at left back.

He went there in emergency a couple of years ago and it worked bu the has serious contention from Helan who might not be the best full back as such but is athletic and ambitious enough to do the same as Reda did. Make the position his own.