Rotherham away sold out!

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

I've had a Season Ticket for many years n, apart from last season, went to many many away matches & I'm gutted to miss out on the Rotherham match.

But ultimately, they can't make it much fairer.  If they did go on 'How Many Years You've Consistently Bought A Season Ticket' - that immediately means the younger people will miss out.  I don't know about you - but I don't fancy sitting in Rotherham's away end with all the people from the South / Grand Stand  :rolleyes:

Don't forget, it's not just the away games where you get points - it's home cup games too !

i didn't get a ticket - was so many points out so had to wait till friday but had sold out by then ...

system works - its fair but harsh for season ticket holders that haven't accrued enough away points ...

Not really - because those who have ticketd are also ST Holders who have been to more away games than you.

I just got enough points by purchasing a QPR ticket and then Rotherham ticket, points went on straight away.

With any system there are going to be fans that miss out and fans that think they have more of a right to a ticket than other fans. I think this system is as fair as it can get, if I hadn't got a ticket I wouldn't have been blubbing saying how unfair it is.

I live in Rotherham so I'd probably have got a ticket for the home end.

Good system, it works, move on.

So you honestly think a significant proportion of the tickets went to people who don't attend away games?

No but I'd like to bet there are plenty of people who manage to get a ticket somehow who have fewer points than me.

i've had a season ticket for 7 years. only in the last few season have i been able to get to a few away games instead of most as in previous seasons but i wasn't able to get a ticket? Harsh. i would say so. what if someone has been going last 2 years and gone to a few away games, they are able to get a ticket for this game?

Then they have proved to go to more away games than you and therefore deserve first dibs on away tickets.

It is obviously a very polarising concept and I understand this is only my opinion. But I feel that my daughter who has only had a season ticket for 4 years, but went to 8 away games last season deserves a ticket over someone who has a season ticket for longer bit doesn't usually travel to away games.

Only my opinion.

Guest intercity0wl

Then they have proved to go to more away games than you and therefore deserve first dibs on away tickets.

It is obviously a very polarising concept and I understand this is only my opinion. But I feel that my daughter who has only had a season ticket for 4 years, but went to 8 away games last season deserves a ticket over someone who has a season ticket for longer bit doesn't usually travel to away games.

Only my opinion.

Season ticket for longer ??  I thought the points thing only came in last season , so everybody had the same chance to accumulate the maximum points through away and home cup tie tickets, Just a case of her eight away games not quite being enough compared to those who travelled more miles more often..

They should start from scratch every season then all ST holders would get a fair crack at it and those who travel away would be guaranteed tickets for big games later in the season.

Seems fair to me.

Well, no, that wouldnt work.

in this case it would just be a free-for-all amongst the ST holders, so it wouldnt actually acheive anything.

The rules they have now are the best way to do IMO.