Jeremy Helan Signs - OFFICIAL

hmm......I dont really think so to be honest.

I'm more inclined to believe that if Palmer had Helans pace he'd be in the prem, and it Helan had Palmers pace he'd be playing non-league in France,

I dont think either are going to play for their respective countries, but both decent prospects.

p.s......full caps, not under 16/17/18's whatever......just thought I'd add that for the pedants. lol

How can anyone make an assumption like that? Palmer has only played about 50 professional games, all in L1 I believe.

Guest JonTheOwl66

hmm...... lol

I'm not going to diss the lad, to be fair I've only seen him play 4 times(really should watch the re-runs on player) so might have missed some good bits.

He has potential, speed is a valuable asset.

Bale.

How can anyone make an assumption like that? Palmer has only played about 50 professional games, all in L1 I believe.

Palmer can see a pass and execute it more times than not, it's not about where they were playing, it's what they do with the ball when they do.

Anyways, enough.....I'm glad Helan has signed, I'm excited by his potential.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He's 'okay' technically. But our fans go on and on about how 'exciting' Palmer is.. How much potential he has. I just can't see it.

Marshall is younger I believe, Helan is younger. Both are better and more exciting. I think Palmer will be a League 1/2 journeyman. Simply not good enough.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He was good for Tranmere at first, then petered out slightly. He's got a lot to prove.

We've got a better, younger player already in his position (McCabe) so I think he'll struggle.

He was good for Tranmere at first, then petered out slightly. He's got a lot to prove.

We've got a better, younger player already in his position (McCabe) so I think he'll struggle.

Be interested to know how many times you watched Tranmere last season.

As for signing Helan, he's got some improving to do before I get excited based on what I saw last season.

Edited by B.A Baracus

He's 'okay' technically. But our fans go on and on about how 'exciting' Palmer is.. How much potential he has. I just can't see it.

Marshall is younger I believe, Helan is younger. Both are better and more exciting. I think Palmer will be a League 1/2 journeyman. Simply not good enough.

I was going to write comparisons with L1/2 and the conference, but I'll leave it and think positive thoughts.

I'll just say I have some doubts, but I'm excited at the prospect of being wrong and leave it at that.

Welcome Jeremy Helan.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Be interested know how many times you watched Tranmere last season.

Surprised you havent turned up before now.

At A guess, probably 4 or 5 times.

The opinion here isn't my opinion - I admit, I haven't watched them enough to definitely say - it's from people that HAVE watched him every week.

Think Palmer is seen as more defensive than McCabe, can see him coming into the midfield for the last 30mins o

Of away games this season

I agree with Jon, some people's expectations of him are unfounded. Wouldn't be negative, we just haven't seen enough to say if he can do it at champ level or not.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I was going to write comparisons with L1/2 and the conference, but I'll leave it and think positive thoughts.

I'll just say I have some doubts, but I'm excited at the prospect of being wrong and leave it at that.

Welcome Jeremy Helan.

Look, I agree, I would absolutely love Palmer to have a storming season and win POTS - I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and I want us to be successful.

But I'm unconvinced so far. He could completely prove me wrong, and I'd love him too. I just can't see it realistically.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Think Palmer is seen as more defensive than McCabe, can see him coming into the midfield for the last 30mins o

Of away games this season

I agree with Jon, some people's expectations of him are unfounded. Wouldn't be negative, we just haven't seen enough to say if he can do it at champ level or not.

He isn't big enough or strong enough to be more defensively minded.

As was said above, he's quite technical and good on the ball. I'd see him in more of a CAM position

Guest JonTheOwl66

Anyway. I've derailed the thread slightly in regards to Palmer

I'm thrilled Helan has signed, good, young and exciting.. He's exactly the type of player we need in attacking positions.

A 4 year contract is a bonus too.

Welcome to S6 permanently Jeremy!