Madine Leaving?

Guest markowl123

Not sure why people are so willing to give up on a young player who obviously has a bit of talent.....

Not saying he's next big thing by any means but would you rather us work with him, improve him and make a profit on him or let him rot and turn into the sort of tail Nile Ranger has turned out to be?

Not sure if i'm being soft or not like (cue someone confirming I am in fact soft)

Do we not think that Madine has had enough time to make his breakthrough at Hillsborough and make his team place rock solid ? It has been totally up to him to MAKE DJ  select him each week, by his performances when he has had the opportunity, by his training attitude and off field behaviour. If he was under the control of Alex Ferguson, he would of been out the door well before now. He is no longer a young player in football terms and shows no real signs of buckling down to his work.

GET RID !

This argument has taken over from the "if tommy Spurr played in his natural position - centre back - he'd be brilliant, it's the manager playing him out of position!! He played there as a kid coming through the ranks!"

5 years later - still making the same mistakes!

what are you on about

Guest Bri The owl

Never had a decent run of games last season, thing is if your face don't fit with dj you've no chance, look at ogrady!!

And where have I said that exactly? Your just the typical mug fan that passes comment on something you have no foundation on what so ever.

I have seen our team in about 35 games this season and only once have I questioned effort and that was Bothroyd. I have questioned ability more than once but never effort.

Just like I never said I've watched him train ...

I passed comment on how hard he appears to try when he plays - something that I have plenty of foundation for, you MASSIVE MUG.

Do we not think that Madine has had enough time to make his breakthrough at Hillsborough and make his team place rock solid ? It has been totally up to him to MAKE DJ  select him each week, by his performances when he has had the opportunity, by his training attitude and off field behaviour. If he was under the control of Alex Ferguson, he would of been out the door well before now. He is no longer a young player in football terms and shows no real signs of buckling down to his work.

GET RID !

Amen brother

So you have never seen him train but at the same its obvious he is not the hardest trainer.

Ok clever one how do you know this.....explain this to me!!!

I said he doesn't work hard enough when he plays, and based on that I doubt he's the hardest trainer.

Not exactly CSI, is it?

:duntmatter:

I said he doesn't work hard enough when he plays, and based on that I doubt he's the hardest trainer.

Not exactly CSI, is it?

So there you go no foundation just good old fashioned guess work.

:duntmatter:

If watching him play is not good enough to form an opinion on how hard he works as a footballer, then yep - totally unfounded.

From now on, I'll drop in to the training ground whenever I'm at a loose end and pass no comment until I've clocked up at least a few weeks of watching him do shuttle runs.

If watching him play is not good enough to form an opinion on how hard he works as a footballer, then yep - totally unfounded.

From now on, I'll drop in to the training ground whenever I'm at a loose end and pass no comment until I've clocked up at least a few weeks of watching him do shuttle runs.

I've seen virtually every game this season.

I have absolutely no idea how well a player trains. To say its patently obvious he isn't the hardest trainer is an odd assumption to make based on watching him on the pitch. I'd say his season has had more to do with him struggling to make the step up alongside not having too many opportunities.

Oh - and what a bizarre op - why do people read so much in to tweets???

Just seen on twitter him talking to his mate, on about girls in sheffield or summat, and he put this for those who can make sense of it...

“@GaryMadine9: “@EllDawwwg: @GaryMadine9 IS IT THAT TIME??!! What we talked about for many months!!!!

EXPOSURE OF THEM ALL !!!" Haaa na I've not left yet”

On his way out do you think?

#SAP

Come on guys, Madine is not good enough!

Did okay in L1 but didn't set the world on fire!

Championship is too much for the lad. He's got no pace, falls over way too much for a guy his size, lacks strength and lacks skill.

The way he goes to ground so easily is the sign of a player lacking quality - He lacks the quality to move the ball forwards, run at the goal or get past an opposing player so goes to ground because it's the easiest option.

This Club is in such a prime position to move forward now and to do so we need players of better calibre!!!!

The way he goes to ground so easily is the sign of a player lacking quality

What a bizarre thing to post. Isnt it more a sign of a player who isnt strong enough or is looking to gain a free kick?

Michael Owen used to throw himself all over the pitch when he felt contact, but certainly had the ability and pace to take people on.

What a bizarre thing to post. Isnt it more a sign of a player who isnt strong enough or is looking to gain a free kick?

Michael Owen used to throw himself all over the pitch when he felt contact, but certainly had the ability and pace to take people on.

Surely you have destroyed your own arguement. Madine hasn't the guile or skill of Owen, he simply falls over as he hasn't the pace or ability to do any thing else. When Owen went over it was pre planned to gain an advantage.

Guest hirsty9

GET RID !

Too true ... He doesnt think twice when out boozing, chinning someone, yet when hes on the pitch hes like a fairy