Andy Sinton

Currently talking about his time with us on Talksport.

Interesting listening. Reckon's that the team we had, full of internationals, led to problems with certain players and the current manager at the time, Trevor Francis. Speaks very highly of the fans, and say's we are MASSIVE.

Guest Retfordowl74

For me one of the most over rated and over hyped players we signed in the last 20 years.

Qpr must have been laughing at us the day we paid 3 million I think and they signed Trevor Sinclair from Blackpool for 300 grand!!!

Only player I have ever seen rip Roland Nilsson a new ar5ehole.

Tore him to pieces at Loftus Road.

Beat Arsenal (?) to his signature and was absolutely ecstatic...1

Big, big let down...!

Only player I have ever seen rip Roland Nilsson a new ar5ehole.

Tore him to pieces at Loftus Road.

Beat Arsenal (?) to his signature and was absolutely ecstatic...1

Big, big let down...!

The reason the transfer came about was because he asked for a £1,000 a week pay rise at QPR but it was declined. Us and Arsenal put in the same offer and matched his wage demands, but he says that at the time he was refused permission to talk to Arsenal. 

So basically, he signed for us to spite those in charge at QPR. 

Edited by owlZfan84

Guest Distraught!

Should have done all we could to get Les Ferdinand from QPR with him. Waddle and Sinton on the wings with Hirst and Ferdinand in the middle would have been interesting especially having Palmer and Sheridan in midfield as well.

The thing is for me Matt.

There are some players who you know will never be a success, Sinton definitely wasn't one of them. He ticked all the right boxes, for whatever reason it didn't work out.

He had a bit of a slow start, the team didn't get off to a flyer and he had a couple of injuries.

Guest armchairfan

Didn't we get him because Trevor Sinclair (at QPR too) was too expensive

I may be wrong but i seem to remeber something along those lines

It didn't work out because we used to give Sinton the ball too deep and then ask him to beat two or three players before he put in the final ball.  At QPR, the ball was put in front of Sinton to run onto and then he might only have to jink past a player at the by-line before putting in the final ball - that's how he was effective.  Sinton was a winger with quite 'direct' football style and mentality but we used to try to play him in a similar style to how we played Waddle.