Andy Sinton

Apologies to Sinton this was the 8-0 team. Who picked that team? Carbone and Sibon on the bench

Some crap players in there

Sheff Wed: Pressman, Nolan, Thome, Walker, Newsome, Rudi, Sonner, Donnelly, Alexandersson, De Bilde, Booth.

Subs: Srnicek, Carbone, Haslam, Sibon, O'Donnell.

For me one of the most over rated and over hyped players we signed in the last 20 years.

Qpr must have been laughing at us the day we paid 3 million I think and they signed Trevor Sinclair from Blackpool for 300 grand!!!

We should have gone for SInclair in hindsight.

Interesting fact though, we could outbid Arsenal for Sinton as they wanted him.

Not a single fan could fault that signing at that time. Sinton was the best available and we needed a left winger.

Just didn't work for us or him.....it happens

not quite right we could have had gary speed for the same price back then although at the time both were rated equally highly,seems a world away now

What I would like to know is why did it take Francis two years to realise we needed a left winger?  Atkinson converted Worthington to left midfield but he was really a full back who could do a (good) job there.  The only other cover we had was Steve McCall!

Had we got a decent left midfielder/winger and a top striker for the 91-92 season we could have won the league that year.