Please no loans

If we bring in a striker (and I think we should) my worry is losing Lee out of the 11, The first thing you would do would be to push Antonio back into RM to accommodate a new striker, maybe we would lose some balance and shape without Lee in the side.

But what Lita has shown us in a short space of time is what a 'proper' mobile striker gives you at this level, if we can add to that then I guess its no bad thing

Guest Wilf Marshall

If there are better players available in any position then why not.

I don't really think we need any position sorting out desperately though.

Guest Ripley Owl

I know we are a 'work in progress' but I really hope we don't bring any loan players in this week as jones hinted at, I think the disruption that the boothroyd-Barkley loans brought should be a warning that sometimes even a higher calibre of player can disrupt the balance and spirit of the squad.

At the minute we have the right atmosphere and performances happening on the field and also a strong looking bench, injuries allowing I think we should leave the current squad to see us into a mid table finish then do any neccasary tinkering about in the summer!

Will also give the likes of madine and semedo the chance to push on and show us if they are good enough to be around next season.

So for once Milan I am saying put the money away and save it for the summer.

Like Marshall and Antonio last year

Loan players are just the same as permanent signings

Some work out, some don't

Just look at how many permanent signings have failed in the last 2 years.

In DJ and SG we trust

Looks like these 2 with the help of Paul Wilkinson are forming a great partnership

But as always, time ill tell

UP THE OWLS !

Guest silvergusy

Another striker would be nice, another Cb would be higher up my list as we only have 3 recognised CB's and one of them hasn't played that well for us yet.

BUt like the OP said we need to be careful not to loan peope in that have to play no matter how bad they are playing and we should keep fielding the same side if it keeps winning!

Guest Deleted member

The rumours up here were that Wickham may be coming here on loan.

Well that would fly in the face of Neils 'TOP TOP striker lined up' suggestion

Guest Ripley Owl

peace, love , and Goodwill (ie )to all men ??

It is isn't it ?

mind you that sounds like a Brighton chant !! 

Could you imagine him running out for Brighton

Their crowds would be UP !