The curse of Ross Barkley

Guest Scummyblades

he's not quite ready for footie at this level

his ability is there for all to see but his all round contribution isn't good enough

everton know what the're doing and will end up with a very good footballer but at the moment it seems his development is at other teams expense

Guest zico sterland

Barkley is a bit like Peter Beardsley and needs to sit in the hole ,if you play him you have to adjust your whole formation to account for this.He is a talent and will go on to better things but not many teams in the championship are set up in a way to best use him.

Guest wilyfox

very talented lad; this thread is a little harsh on him. people expect him to perform now the way he probably will in a few years time. like McCabe, he'll have good games and bad - but that's to be expected given their age and lack of experience.

he's not quite ready for footie at this level

his ability is there for all to see but his all round contribution isn't good enough

everton know what the're doing and will end up with a very good footballer but at the moment it seems his development is at other teams expense

correct.

I said this a long while back while he was still with us, I got slated for it but it's true.

Technique is all well and good but it's a team game and I still don't think what he brings to a team creatively outweighs what he takes from the team in his deficiencies in other areas.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Ever thought it might just be due to random chance as opposed to correlation. 

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

He's a good young player and is expected to play for England, he's only 18 isn't he and this will be nearly a full season under his belt already! He'll learn from it, but as others have said it looks as if you need to change your set up to get him in the side. I'm guessing he'll go out and iron his mistakes out at a Championship club, before Everton then reap the rewards.

Barkley is the most talented player I have seen in a Wednesday shirt this season

If that's a curse ill have another 10 of them

Barkley has been the most hyped player to wear a Wednesday shirt this season closely followed by Bothroyd.  He had a decent first half against Leeds a good second half against Peterborough and a good game against Ipswich. Coke in the last few games has shown more talent than Barkley did.

Barkley has been the most hyped player to wear a Wednesday shirt this season closely followed by Bothroyd.  He had a decent first half against Leeds a good second half against Peterborough and a good game against Ipswich. Coke in the last few games has shown more talent than Barkley did.

Spot on.

Ridiculously overrated player based on a few nutters at everton making out he's the next big thing.

Said it on day one and got villified for it. Not a team player and not what we need.

Same here.

This.

Barkley is the most talented player I have seen in a Wednesday shirt this season

If that's a curse ill have another 10 of them

Yep, he would make a great goalie, centre half etc etc

It's difficult to answer this one, we also struggled results wise when he was ith us and Leeds appear to be doing the same although i don't think it's just down to him. My personal view on it is you cannot have a 'luxury' type player playing in such a position of responsibility like CM.

His all round game isn't mature enough yet to play there at this level, but when it is i think he will be a special player.

i could be wrong but thats my take on Barkley.

Exactly.