The curse of Ross Barkley

Guest Scummyblades

Guest Scummyblades

Ross Barkley is no doubt a talented lad but Wednesday couldn't win with him in the team, been looking at scummy leeds form with him in the team they not won once, why do you think such a talent can't impact a team which he's clearly too good for??

Guest silvergusy

It's difficult to answer this one, we also struggled results wise when he was ith us and Leeds appear to be doing the same although i don't think it's just down to him. My personal view on it is you cannot have a 'luxury' type player playing in such a position of responsibility like CM.

His all round game isn't mature enough yet to play there at this level, but when it is i think he will be a special player.

i could be wrong but thats my take on Barkley.

Like pouring caviar on chips, init.

I think he has still been Leeds' best player. They have other issues such as losing becchio and having very little pace.

One thing with Barkley is that he doesn't offer much defensively but they have used him out wide

Didnt we beat Ipswich and Peterborough with him in the team?

The cult of Marshall. The cult of Megson. The cult of Barkley.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

He's got ability but he's too much of a luxury player to be played in a Championship midfield. Perhaps he should be played in a striker role? Like the wise old theowlsman said, I too can now see us overtaking Leeds. Can even see Warnock being replaced at the end of the season because I don't think they'll make the play-offs. It's good to see us marching on and the likes of Warnock and Leeds doing the opposite. lol

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

I think Barkley is a bad signing for anyone right now....no doubt he's talented, but his style of play requires him to be on the ball more than others with his "look at me, see how good I am style". Not the greatest team player I've seen and because of his age, he'll make some costly mistakes while learning his trade.