Dave Jones or Gary Megson?

Guest TDJL

The passion thing is such a pointless observation.

Llera clearly has "passion" for this club after his goal celebration the other week. Passion however didn't stop him making a schoolboy error at the weekend so the argument that the players need passion to get out of our predicament is useless.

The players need to not make basic mistakes and improve their finishing imo.

Also, if a manager shouts a screams all the time (Megson), when the actual time comes that would warrant a bollocking surely the players wouldn't respond in the desired way as they would just think: "He's shouting again like he always does"

^^^^^^^^

The passion thing is such a pointless observation.

Llera clearly has "passion" for this club after his goal celebration the other week. Passion however didn't stop him making a schoolboy error at the weekend so the argument that the players need passion to get out of our predicament is useless.

The players need to not make basic mistakes and improve their finishing imo.

Also, if a manager shouts a screams all the time (Megson), when the actual time comes that would warrant a bollocking surely the players wouldn't respond in the desired way as they would just think: "He's shouting again like he always does"

True say my Mrs shouts at me all the time - i don't listen and i'm not scared

"This forum is not obsessed with megson it's just you"

That is a comment I got yesterday.

Pretty laughable really how in denial people can be when their allegiances are flagged up.

There is an obsession on here and it is poisonous to the club.

If this kind of thread were introduced in the megson era, the perpetrator would have been threatened by an angry pitchfork mob.

Now supporting the manager is unfashionable.

How times have changed.

Why is it?

Because you're speculating that Megson would do better with this squad of players

But then you're saying DJ was better with last year's squad by saying Megson would not have acheived promotion.....

Pride and passionate hoofball won't get u anywhere in this league, do people not understand what DJ is trying to achieve? He's attempting to bring back the passing game to hillsborough...

Hoofball Vs Passing - I know which I'd prefer....

The football has been dire to watch this season. Certainly no improvement. Megson's teams could at least be relied on for 100% effort and organisation into the bargain where Jones' side has neither.

Because you're speculating that Megson would do better with this squad of players

But then you're saying DJ was better with last year's squad by saying Megson would not have acheived promotion.....

Yes? I think Megson is better suited to achieving safety but not so good at setting up a squad to set its self apart from the pack when trying to achieve promotion. Think it's a valid point

The football has been dire to watch this season. Certainly no improvement. Megson's teams could at least be relied on for 100% effort and organisation into the bargain where Jones' side has neither.

You put in loads of effort joc I'll give you that.

At the same time though you were probably the worst player ever to pull on a Wednesday shirt.

Theres no simple answer they are two completely different managers trying to do different things. First we need to be honest about how big a role marshall and antonio played last season probably almost as much as the managers. So criticism of megsons poor run is unfair as it coincided with marshall leaving. Megson was working to a relatively limited budget and built accordingly he turned a team of overpayed wasters out and brought in a unity workrate, hoofball and goals from set pieces thats his style.

The problem really is that Jones style is completely different he wanted to play football which worked perfectly in league one but means that the team needed a complete overall for the championship as players like ogrady, semedo (and half the ones that left) dont really fit that style so we brought in a new team instead which was basically a gamble which could have gone either way but it really depended on players like rodria taylor bothroyd and barkley doing the business as they were the big signings. Ive no doubt megson would have kept us in this league and made us competitive but it wouldnt have been pretty. Jones took a gamble and its not payed off which means we could be looking at a return to league 1.

Long term jones could be the answer but he wont see the season out and we basically back in a position we've been in two many times in the championship where we have to change the manager and get shut off a lot of players that dont suit wednesday.

Yes? I think Megson is better suited to achieving safety but not so good at setting up a squad to set its self apart from the pack when trying to achieve promotion. Think it's a valid point

DJ for you then?

people have such a short memory where Megson is concerned and are blinkered because he is a Wednesdyite. If that question would have been asked as we exited the Stevenage stadium about 12 months ago or whilst trudging back to the cars with a 250 mile treck back from Exeter i'm sure not many people would have backed Megson.

The last few weeks under Megson were really going back to the dark days. The trip to Chesterfield was a particular low point. Yes we beat the Blades but the transformation when Jones came in was nothing short of amazing. Jones did something that Megson was unable to do and that was motivate the team and get that group of players playing football.How did he go on in his last game

Some of the football we played under Megson was nothing short of awful. DJ may not be the answer for us but he is a much better option then Megson back again.

I've questioned many a time over the last 8 weeks whether DJ is the man for the job but realistically there is no better option available and we will have to stick with him. If a change was to be made it should have been done a few weeks ago and McCarthy given the job.