Dave Jones or Gary Megson?

Guest TDJL

Guest totemowl

Don't think many managers could have made more of a mess of this season so the answer should be near anyone competent who would have improved in key areas rather than just totally overhauling Megson's squad.

Megson said a number of times that his squad wasn't good enough for the Championship.

Megson said a number of times that his squad wasn't good enough for the Championship.

We will never actually know, but his passion an drive to win getting the best out of players who knows who megson would have fetched in having had the backing

gary megson . put pride and passion back into us

Pride and passionate hoofball won't get u anywhere in this league, do people not understand what DJ is trying to achieve? He's attempting to bring back the passing game to hillsborough...

Hoofball Vs Passing - I know which I'd prefer....

people have such a short memory where Megson is concerned and are blinkered because he is a Wednesdyite. If that question would have been asked as we exited the Stevenage stadium about 12 months ago or whilst trudging back to the cars with a 250 mile treck back from Exeter i'm sure not many people would have backed Megson.

The last few weeks under Megson were really going back to the dark days. The trip to Chesterfield was a particular low point. Yes we beat the Blades but the transformation when Jones came in was nothing short of amazing. Jones did something that Megson was unable to do and that was motivate the team and get that group of players playing football.

Some of the football we played under Megson was nothing short of awful. DJ may not be the answer for us but he is a much better option then Megson back again.

I've questioned many a time over the last 8 weeks whether DJ is the man for the job but realistically there is no better option available and we will have to stick with him. If a change was to be made it should have been done a few weeks ago and McCarthy given the job.

I'm almost certain that Megson would be doing better with this bunch of players and would have probably made completely different signings.

On the other hand i'm also almost certain that we wouldn't even be in this league if he was still in charge. IT's just a pointless conversation

Contradiction of thoughts....

The passion thing is such a pointless observation.

Llera clearly has "passion" for this club after his goal celebration the other week. Passion however didn't stop him making a schoolboy error at the weekend so the argument that the players need passion to get out of our predicament is useless.

The players need to not make basic mistakes and improve their finishing imo.

Also, if a manager shouts a screams all the time (Megson), when the actual time comes that would warrant a bollocking surely the players wouldn't respond in the desired way as they would just think: "He's shouting again like he always does"