Thick fans

Guest Deleted member

Whereas Huddersfield have not and they finished below us and have a similar number of players from last season in their squad now as we have

Huddersfield will never be promoted playing the style of football they play. We need to play the way we do and steadily improve the players playing it.

Its going to take time

ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY - and they didn't keep changing Emperors until it was

We are poo and its down to the manager. He has made some shocking decisions certainly with the players brought in.

so the players of last season would be doing a better job then,dave jones inherited megsons team got us out of div 1 with it and it was never going to be good enough at this level where the better sides have real quality in them and a fare bigger wage bill,the team he has put together is only a few months old and is already playing the right type of football for this division,it takes time to play this way ask middlesboro fans two years i think, watching game last night shows that gap but it aint that big' megsons team of last season would have been played of the park,so the only thing to have looked forward to would have been when one of ours smashed the floodligths with a pass so nobody could how sh@ we were. so a little patience,couple more quality players in when mm upons chequebook and we'll be match for anybody

Huddersfield will never be promoted playing the style of football they play. We need to play the way we do and steadily improve the players playing it.

Its going to take time

Well they seem to be doing a decent job so far mate, also you mention Charlton using last seasons players? true but they are above us and have beat teams like Cardiff, (home) Leicester (home) and Blackpool away, so although they haven't spent, that L1 squad is doing better then our quality that was brought in.

We haven't won anyone in the top half - worrying.

Its going to take time

I think I can safely say I would prefer to be in Huddersfield's position than our own

Not having a pop or anything but Hudd have signed quite a few plus loans like Beckford and Hammill and now Church, they aren't mega rich or anything, imo they have brought in better players then we have.

For what it's worth I didn't take it the wrong way, it's all opinions. I just think Huddersfield and just about every other club in this division except Barnsley and maybe Peterboro, have far more financial clout than we have.

I'm not sure what the solution is, I admit Dave Jones has made mistake's, loaning a defender to one of our relegation rivals for one, but I can't see how sacking him will improve things long term, it may give us a couple of decent results short term, but then it would undo all the good work that Dave Jones has done.

And before the short-sighted start asking "what good work" we would still be in league 1 if not for Dave Jones.

My mate doesn't forgive Jones for taking over from his hero Megson, he wants Jones sacked and Billy Davies installed as manager. If Milan does pull the plug, and we end up with that horrible little stinky flaps, then my season ticket will not be renewed as long as he is here.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Its going to take time

Are we even playing a style of football? If so, I can't see what it is other than ineffective.

As for the Romans, didn't they massacre ceasar on the floor of the senate with knives? I think sacking someone is a lot more appropriate.

Its going to take time

Look at the league table, Imo they havent broke the bank and sold a player who was called rhodesfield last season.

I think the main promble , apart from Jones / Aldridge buying some complete dross is that Jones said at the beginning of the season " we are not here just to make the numbers up "

Personally anything above the relegation places for this season has always been my target for this season .

unfortunately his aim now appears to be lower than yours...

Guest JC Saviour

Do you think the shipping out of lowe went down well with the remaining players?

Do you think Taylor being brought straight in as captain didn't cause a few mutterings in the dressing room?

Do you think the dropping of JJ and COG while they were in form so Jones could play his new signings went unnoticed?

Do you think nicky weaver not even having a squad number hasn't caused a few players to ask questions?

Do you think that players like madine, mattock, lee, rodri, mayor, JJ and maguire getting very little game means they will sit quietly and be happy?

And here lies the problem. If the answers to the above are, No,Yes,No,Yes,No which I suspect are the answers, then there is a unhappy dressing room at Hillsborough and thinhs ain't going to get better.

This season was always going to be a transitional one, i expected us to be doing better at this stage, but expectations were too high at the start of the season and that is why everyone is so frustrated at the position we find ourselves in. DJ and Milan set these expectations, which was an error on their behalf, they got it wrong and you don't get instant success in this league, Norwich and Southampton were exceptions and I highly doubt anyone will replicate what they achieved for a while.

The team which got us promoted last season was nowhere near good enough to compete in this division, DJ needed to make a lot of changes because this division is harder than it has ever been as we are finding out as the weeks go on. Last season was built on hardwork, fitness levels, strength and determination mixed in with three fantastic loan signings made by Mr.Megson. He knew that the players weren't good enough to get a top half finish in this division, he said so back in August on Goals on Sunday, we needed a whole new revamp.

Changes take time to fall into place and we are finding this out at the moment, bringing in 14 new players, shipping out 8 or 9 and then expecting the players to push for the play offs is unrealistic, very unrealistic. Espeically whilst we're trying to change the culture of the club and the way we try and play football, these things take time, they really do. We are trying to change the whole basis of last season's team, we have basically dismantled that and tried to replace it with a different ethos, which doesn't always work, but i think it needed to be done to compete this season.

Things aren't going smoothly,i do question some of DJ's signings and i think we have alot of players who aren't cut out for this level yet. But i have faith in DJ and believe him when he says we are a wrok in progress, i may not agree with his tactics or some of his signings but he has a great record and is no mug at this level. We all need to realise this is a transitional season and the club and the fans got it wrong at the start of the season by setting the expectations too high.

Roll on Forest where we will give it a good go again.

UTO

Brilliant post. I'm hurting as much as anyone but we need to keep calm and stay with the team, Dave Jones and Milan. I don't want to whinge but any neutral observer can see that we've had appalling luck and even worse refereeing decisions over the last 10 games. Even a slightly better rub of the green would see us on 20 points. I'm a natural pessimist but even I can see that we're not too far away.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Actually I now think we can make a push for the play offs, this booze is great stuff. lol

Why settle for the Play-Off's, when we're only a invincible run away from the Champions League? lol

And here lies the problem. If the answers to the above are, No,Yes,No,Yes,No which I suspect are the answers, then there is a unhappy dressing room at Hillsborough and thinhs ain't going to get better.

What evidence do you have to make you suspect those answers?