Thick fans

I think it's the team spirit that's been affected.

Rob Jones was always going to be too slow for this league, but we replaced him with Gardner who ain't quick either. Nor is Taylor.

We brought in maguire who can't get in the side, and rodri. We let go of Ryan lowe after he was told he had a future.

We let prutton go out on loan, and have four midfielders, three of which are u23.

Weaver has no squad number. Bothroyd plays every week without needing to perform. Coke and Reynolds were shipped out on loan again, Madine is apparently off to swindon. JJ can't get in the side despite bothroyd being utter garbage. Beevers is currently helping millwall climb the table after getting no real chance here.

We've had lines out injured, but bennet, bywater, lee, mattock, mayor, rodri, maguire and Taylor have all been sat around doing nothing.

Our squad is too big and we've changed too much too quickly. It's upset the balance. Lots of youth brought in and the experienced signing haven't settled in yet.

Brought in so many players, then DJ changes his mind about some of them so wont play them. Now we have no budget to address the issues staring us in the face!

I think it's the team spirit that's been affected.

Rob Jones was always going to be too slow for this league, but we replaced him with Gardner who ain't quick either. Nor is Taylor.

We brought in maguire who can't get in the side, and rodri. We let go of Ryan lowe after he was told he had a future.

We let prutton go out on loan, and have four midfielders, three of which are u23.

Weaver has no squad number. Bothroyd plays every week without needing to perform. Coke and Reynolds were shipped out on loan again, Madine is apparently off to swindon. JJ can't get in the side despite bothroyd being utter garbage. Beevers is currently helping millwall climb the table after getting no real chance here.

We've had lines out injured, but bennet, bywater, lee, mattock, mayor, rodri, maguire and Taylor have all been sat around doing nothing.

Our squad is too big and we've changed too much too quickly. It's upset the balance. Lots of youth brought in and the experienced signing haven't settled in yet.

Again a decent post, most seem to lack this ability.

6 out of the starting 11 were players last year. 2 of the 3 subs also formed part of that team.

The replacements, Kirkland, Gardner, Bothroyd and Barkley, and then to a lesser extent Corry, McCabe are surely improvements on last year. However, there are now 18 teams probably better off than us team wise.

So what do you realistically expect with a team over 50% that was plying its trade in League 1 last year.

6 out of the starting 11 were players last year. 2 of the 3 subs also formed part of that team.

The replacements, Kirkland, Gardner, Bothroyd and Barkley, and then to a lesser extent Corry, McCabe are surely improvements on last year. However, there are now 18 teams probably better off than us team wise.

So what do you realistically expect with a team over 50% that was plying its trade in League 1 last year.

You could ask Huddersfield a similar question

Didn't Dave Jones say at the beginning of the season that anyone who thinks that we are just here to survive and consolidate is misguided.

I believe so.

Anyone who thinks that we aren't in a relegation struggle for the rest of the season is an idiot/moron/chav/imbecile and whatever other disrespectful name we've been called by the happy clappers in the past few weeks.

Neither am I thick, but you FG are arrogant and condescending.

The players you have mentioned have certainly improved the squad and should be good investments (the young midfielders anyway). But I think we are quite reliant on young or foreign players who are expected to settle fast, whilst our experienced players are also trying to get up to speed.

Its easy for me to say now after the event, but some of the signings we have made arent contributing at the moment for various reasons and it wouldve been wiser to make sure we didnt max out our budget for when we needed to get some Championship experience in.

We are so much better in terms of squad assets and infrastructure, but I hope that our focus on this hasnt left us vulnerable to relegation which would in turn ruin all that good work.

I will pay a tenner to charity if you can find me one manager in the entire history of the game who has predicted pre-season that his team will do poo poo.

He could have not raised expectations so high though.

Bottom 8.

I'd have kept lowe and possibly prutton for sheer experience when signing so many young players.

Think kirkland is a good signing but would have kept bywater in for continuity.

Wouldn't have signed Gardner or Taylor, would have looked for a pacy centre back with Llera and beevers.

Would be playing a high tempo pressing game that forced teams into mistakes or long ball, like we did last season.

Would be playing Madine or cog, with lowe or a bothroyd alongside them. Certainly wouldn't be playing one upfront.

I'm not a football manager, but to me we didn't really utilise what we had in house first. And I think dj underestimated how much of a bond the team had.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Why is it thick to worry about your team? To want them to fight and try to get the points needed to stay in the League?

Yes we got promoted, DJ got us over the line. But we no longer show the fight from last season.

We're in a tougher League, but we've added to our squad. Most of us expected stability and hoped to stay up or be midtable.

But even that is looking unlikely at the moment. The team concedes way too many, scores not enough to stay in the League,

doesn't get results against top half teams. Lies down without a fight in a lot of games this season. The manager persists with

the same excuses and the same negative tactics. Are we not allowed to be concerned or worried about those negative points?

All of which point to us being a bottom three side. In fighting achieves nothing, we're all Wednesday, this is a forum, we all want whats best for the club and obviously people will disagree.

It doesn't make any of us less of a fan or thick. Whether we think Jones should stay or not, we're all still supporters and have been supporting the Owls long before he came.

Its MM's decision at the end of the day. All this fighting achieves nothing. Yet we're all entitled to our opinions. Some people need to just grow up.

Bottom 8.

I'd have kept lowe and possibly prutton for sheer experience when signing so many young players.

Think kirkland is a good signing but would have kept bywater in for continuity.

Wouldn't have signed Gardner or Taylor, would have looked for a pacy centre back with Llera and beevers.

Would be playing a high tempo pressing game that forced teams into mistakes or long ball, like we did last season.

Would be playing Madine or cog, with lowe or a bothroyd alongside them. Certainly wouldn't be playing one upfront.

I'm not a football manager, but to me we didn't really utilise what we had in house first. And I think dj underestimated how much of a bond the team had.

For what its worth I argued that Lowe should have been given at least 15 minutes championship football, at the very least as a thank you.

I don't get how you measure team bonding though. What is this based on or measured against?

keith hill said the other nite just staying up wud be like a man with two broken legs walkin a titerope and hes been sayin similar stuff on rs since pre season ...your wrong again get yer tenner out

Was that pre-season thicko?

Jones' sudden change of opinion about our prospects only goes to show what many fans and pundits are in denial about. No matter what your principles are about budgets, tactics and man management, football will never be as predictable as some people like to pretend it can be. Many opinions, good and bad, are little more than hypocritical, fraudulent, second guessing.

I've had a rayt reality check this past couple of weeks! Its happened b4 in my 50 years of following Owls

I predicted survival/mid table this year (hope I'm right( BUT) I dint expect to be scrapping from the off!

Change is good, if gradually done - we done too much & we done it far too quick

WE R A FOOTBALL CLUB NOT A POLITICAL PARTY