Thick fans

Question for you. If we did something virtually unheard of, and got two double promotions, where would you want us to finish in the Premiership?

If we weren't challenging the top 6, and fighting relegation, would that be acceptable?

If yes, then why so different from going from League1 to the championship? Why do some demand we should be promoted in our first season back?

I can recall three teams in the past 20 years who have managed to achieve successive promotions. Man City were the beneficiaries of ridiculous amounts of money. Southampton bottom. Norwich struggling.

I've no doubts this site is littered with pigs creating threads and trying to stir up hate. That's fine. I couldn't think of anything more disgusting than pretending to be a United fan. But hey, they're in the division below, they have to find fun from somewhere.

Simultaneously, there are Wednesday fans on here baying for blood. Demanding that Jones plays how they suggest. Players should be dropped. Formations need adapting. You're not a football manager for a reason, and that's because you're not good enough.

We've just played a team that has gone top. The board is flooded with absolute crap.

I'm sure the usual crowd will jump on this thread. Too long they'll say. Some boring predictable boring comment aimed only at winding up their supposed fellow fans.

flip you I say. Let's bed in for the expected relegation battle. Once the delusions of grandeur pass, then hopefully we'll give this team and manager the support we are supposedly renowned for.

virtually unheard of ?

how many teams have got promoted from league 1 and gone straight back down

look that one up

What's your point?

I've said three teams in 20 years have sealed back-to-back promotions.

Mid table will do me, 4 wins outta 16 won't do

So if we got promoted to the Premiership, you'd expect a mid table finish?

I'm well prepared for the relegation battle and Ive been saying thats what were in for a number of weeks now. We will lose a fair few number of games and the top teams will get the better of us. Having said that though, its not unacceptable to think that we couldve come into this league and done better than we have so far, we had a great chance in the summer and we seem to have missed it.

But I think that in a relegation battle you need a bit of mettle, our heads just went down after that second goal and thats what worried me. We have some young players and they seemed beaten long before the end, it doesnt help when our more senior players are also looking shaky.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest foreverSWFC

This season was always going to be a transitional one, i expected us to be doing better at this stage, but expectations were too high at the start of the season and that is why everyone is so frustrated at the position we find ourselves in. DJ and Milan set these expectations, which was an error on their behalf, they got it wrong and you don't get instant success in this league, Norwich and Southampton were exceptions and I highly doubt anyone will replicate what they achieved for a while.

The team which got us promoted last season was nowhere near good enough to compete in this division, DJ needed to make a lot of changes because this division is harder than it has ever been as we are finding out as the weeks go on. Last season was built on hardwork, fitness levels, strength and determination mixed in with three fantastic loan signings made by Mr.Megson. He knew that the players weren't good enough to get a top half finish in this division, he said so back in August on Goals on Sunday, we needed a whole new revamp.

Changes take time to fall into place and we are finding this out at the moment, bringing in 14 new players, shipping out 8 or 9 and then expecting the players to push for the play offs is unrealistic, very unrealistic. Espeically whilst we're trying to change the culture of the club and the way we try and play football, these things take time, they really do. We are trying to change the whole basis of last season's team, we have basically dismantled that and tried to replace it with a different ethos, which doesn't always work, but i think it needed to be done to compete this season.

Things aren't going smoothly,i do question some of DJ's signings and i think we have alot of players who aren't cut out for this level yet. But i have faith in DJ and believe him when he says we are a wrok in progress, i may not agree with his tactics or some of his signings but he has a great record and is no mug at this level. We all need to realise this is a transitional season and the club and the fans got it wrong at the start of the season by setting the expectations too high.

Roll on Forest where we will give it a good go again.

UTO

Thick fans? are you including yourself?

how is playing the Prem and the Championship comparable? different amount of teams for a start

there are about 5-6 teams at the bottom of the Championship with no budget whatsoever, they spend roger all, we should be aiming to finish above these as a minimum

where is this idea coming from that if you are complaining then your expectations are too high ie promotion? I would have been delighted with mid-table and suspect most others would

its rumbleing testicles, can no-one see we are playing absolutely terribly and have been in all bar 2-3 games? we dont look like doing anything other than getting relegated

Question for you. If we did something virtually unheard of, and got two double promotions, where would you want us to finish in the Premiership?

If we weren't challenging the top 6, and fighting relegation, would that be acceptable?

If yes, then why so different from going from League1 to the championship? Why do some demand we should be promoted in our first season back?

I can recall three teams in the past 20 years who have managed to achieve successive promotions. Man City were the beneficiaries of ridiculous amounts of money. Southampton bottom. Norwich struggling.

I've no doubts this site is littered with pigs creating threads and trying to stir up hate. That's fine. I couldn't think of anything more disgusting than pretending to be a United fan. But hey, they're in the division below, they have to find fun from somewhere.

Simultaneously, there are Wednesday fans on here baying for blood. Demanding that Jones plays how they suggest. Players should be dropped. Formations need adapting. You're not a football manager for a reason, and that's because you're not good enough.

We've just played a team that has gone top. The board is flooded with absolute crap.

I'm sure the usual crowd will jump on this thread. Too long they'll say. Some boring predictable boring comment aimed only at winding up their supposed fellow fans.

flip you I say. Let's bed in for the expected relegation battle. Once the delusions of grandeur pass, then hopefully we'll give this team and manager the support we are supposedly renowned for.

How many teams have won promotion from the championship and then won the premiership? That's the comparison you're making when you talk about expecting the same from back to back promotions.

Ridiculous argument as the difference between L1/CH and CH/Prem is unthinkable.

Also irrelevant to your argument is how Southampton and Norwich are doing in the prem now. Are you saying you'd rather struggle in the champ than be struggling in the prem?

I don't think there's many people saying we should be achieving promotion. I think most of us would say we shouldn't be fighting relegation though. There's teams around us with tiny budgets that have had tiny budgets for years - hanging on to championship football. We're signing players some of those teams would snap up in a heartbeat and playing shocking football

Edited by townend_owl

my point is that historicaly teams promoted from league 1 dont go back down

you said we are in an "expected" relegation battle?

Ah right, you picked a point to satisfy your strange need to slag us off.

Ok.

2005-06 Luton Town Hull City Sheffield Wednesday

2005–06 Southend United Colchester United Barnsley

2006–07 Sflaphorpe United Bristol City Blackpool

2007–08 Swansea City Nottingham Forest Doncaster Rovers

2008–09 Leicester City Peterborough United Sflaphorpe United

2009–10 Norwich City Leeds United Millwall

2010–11 Brighton & Hove Albion

Southampton Peterborough United

2011–12 Charlton Athletic Sheffield Wednesday Huddersfield Town

Teams promoted from League 1 to the Championship. 3 are in the division above. 6 in the division below. Arguably 6 are languishing at the bottom of the Championship.

And?

Brought a tear to my eye that George.

So spot on it's nearly going on it's way to being wrong.

Mid table will do me, 4 wins outta 16 won't do

That's just CURRENT UP TO NOW, lets not write them off for the remaining THIRTY matches though. For e.g. Another 8 wins out of the next 30 would leave us on 36 points and this doesn't include draws in the remaining 30 games and doesn't include any additional wins in those games either and hence on the whole I'm worried for the current form but I'm not worried for the ultimate end of season goal of still been a Championship side for 2013/14!

22  Portsmouth (R)  46  13  11  22  50  59  −9  40
23  Coventry City (R)  46  9  13  24  41  65  −24  40
24  Doncaster Rovers (R)  46  8  12  26  43  80  −37  36

Edited by robster_owl